a lump in my belly?? :-s

lilwelsh1

3 happy kids+2 angels
Reaction score
i have noticed something very odd. Ever since i miscarried in august i have suffered red hot agony over my left ovary/fallopian tube area, it was especially worse during my period and had me rushing to the doctors a few times during early pregnancy on this one. Its still very sore in that area but i give up asking doctors as im sick of being given antibiotics for a kidney infectio.

Any way like most pregnant ladies my bladder wakes me up in the small hours, lately i noticed that whenever my bladder is full i have quite a large lump sticking out of my belly. Its the size of a satsuma. Its just in line with my belly button and right over the left exactly in the same place i have the pain. It cant be baby or bladder cuz its totally in the wrong place it feels like a pressure deep in the left of my pelvic bone too. I dont know if its visible from outside my body as i didnt look just had a feel of it went for a wee n back to bed where i noticed the lump had gone. Maybe it is my bladder but thats certainly not where a bladder should be. Im a bit worried about asking my m/w in case it IS something obvious like the baby sticking out. If thats the case y the pain? Its red hot sometimes surely thats not right?

Not to scare you but have they checked for a cyst? Sometimes cysts can get very large and since your bladder expands when full it could be pushing it out to the point of red hot searing pain as well as being able to feel of the lump momentarily.

Also as a side note, during the night when my bladder wakes me up it is painfully full to where I have to walk bent over to the bathroom to relive my self. This is what I was told by an OBGYN in my area.

There is a fibrous cord that connects the urinary bladder to the umbilicus (navel). This is the urachus and it was formed during your fetal development and lasts through life. Also called the median umbilical ligament. When this is stretched…. This sensation goes from the belly button to the bladder.

When you were a baby….. You had an umbilical vein which went to the liver. After you are born, this scars down and the Umbilical Vein itself becomes the ligamentum teres or round ligament in the adult, connecting the umbilicus and the liver. When this gets stretched…. The sensation goes from the belly button to the upper right side.

thank you very much. Your suspicions of a cyst didnt scare me as i have suspected something isnt right in the reproductive area for a long time now, im just forever being told its a urine or kidney infection (my gp doesnt bother to test my urine) im given antibiotics n told it will pass. Even before i was pregnant i had pains like this but only during my time of the month, i assumed it had something to do with the endometriosis i was probably mis-diagnosed as having as a teenager. I was told i may struggle to concieve naturally. They were wrong.

I have a m/w appointment early next week i am going to tell her about this lump and hope its investigated, its definitely round like a ball so not a baby as babies arent round and his/head or butt wouldnt be that size yet. Thank you for sharing the knowledge u have. I always wondered what happened to the umbilical cord on the inside after birth. Very interesting xx

Wow some really interesting info! It sounds like a cyst to me, too. If your GP keeps blowing you off, go to a different one. A doctor that treats random things without testing is an idiot. Don't let yourself be pushed around. You never know how whatever it is could affect your baby, so it's best to get it checked out sooner rather than later. With it getting red hot, it sounds like it could be infected, and an untreated infection can cause preterm labor. There are unfortunately some infections that aren't treatable with just standard antibiotics, plus if you keep taking the same ones, eventually your body becomes resistant to them and they stop working on anything.

:hugs: Good luck, I hope you find some answers soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->