A month early...

New2Bumps

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I'm wondering if anyone fancies a chat buddy or fancies making a little support group.
Ethan was born a month early and is 8 weeks now. I always seem to have questions and concerns (like any mom I guess lol). I did the NCT classes. They were great and hubby and I kept in touch with the other 3 couples and the girls are lovely (we see each other every week). Trouble is I can't help but compare Ethan to their babies and I'm getting upset each time he doesn't hit a milestone. I know I should go by his due date not his actual age but still, it's hard when the 3 babies born after him are doing things before him.
Especialy if anyone out there has a LO who is the same age as Ethan or a bit older or younger who was a month early :)

A support group sounds like a gread idea, I think there are a few babies about Ethan's age right now. Matthew is nearly a year and I hate to break it to you but I think ill still be comparing him to his peers when he is 40!

Def talking to othes who have had early babies really helps and I dont feel competative at all with them. I have shyed away from parent and toddlers and the baby clinic etc for this reason. Getting him in nursery at 7 months has really helped his development and as I dont see what goes on I cant compare I just know he has had a good morning xx

Tx for your reply :) I hope ppl respond to this. I've had a few more ppl interested in the baby club forum.
I think you're right about comparing until they're 40 though lol

sydnee was born 5 weeks early & is now 7 weeks old, i am finding it hard too, especially when people brag about how chunky their babies are! & ive had so many people say "you are so lucky to have an early baby"....er not sure how its lucky!! My mum is always saying what she "should" be doing...it drives me mad!!!! I'll stop moaning now :blush: congratulations on your baby boy, he is gorgeous xx

It does get easier. My daughter is 15 months now and was 4 weeks early. She has more than caught up and is actually ahead of some of her little chums now.

They do all get there in the end and I find it best to look at it as a marathon rather than a sprint. How they meet each of the interim milestones isn't important as they all get to the finish line and grow up in the end.

hi!

sorry if im buttin in but i was born 7 weeks early! weighing only 2lb 4oz. im 23 now and absolutely no different than anyone else my age, in fact i never really was after i started school!

:)

hi new2bumps, count me in - our LO was born at 36+6wks, so a little early. he was a great birth weight but i have started to notice he's taking a bit longer than other babies to do things - he's just getting stronger now in reaching for toys and clutching them, and has only just rolled at just under 5 mnths and only once so far - think that's quite late to do that. i try to ignore what others r doing to avoid stressing about it. it takes away the enjoyment otherwise of watching LO do new things.

ps ethan looks so lovely and what a good birthweight for 36wks xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->