A month late, but my birth story!

Embo

Single mummy to Imo
Reaction score
Imogen Sally Costello’s Birth - A month later, finally gotten round to writing it!

Thursday morning, I was having pains that we’re irregular and didn’t feel like contractions… well that was because I didn’t really know what a contraction was meant to feel like, so I phoned the hospital as my partner was going to work and he wanted to make sure everything was okay, and the midwife on the phone said not to be left alone, so I got my stuff and went over to my partners parents and sat with them for 3 hours until Martin came home at lunch time. Carried on our normal day went to pick up our Swindon Town F.C season tickets up and then headed off to tesco, pain’s were still occurring but managed just on paracetamol.

Then at around 10pm the pain was increasing more, and more, so I phoned the delivery suit up and they said how often are they coming and I said about every 10mins so they said to pop up for some codeine and then they would send me home, but… when I got there I was monitored had my BP taken and then had an interenal and the midwife just went wow you’ve coped really well your doing really good, your already 6cm’s dilated, I was so shocked we hadn’t pack any stuff, so my partner had to go home and get my bags while they sorted me out with a room, got to my room was still managing fine the midwife made a joke with me that I was still smiling and not on any pain relief, then BAM! Around 2 am they we’re really starting to hurt, I was crying and couldn’t take it much more, so I asked the midwife for some pethadin which relieved me for a bit, but then it got worse, so my partner called my mum who came in, at this point they were still coming but only every 5mins so my mum, gave me reflexology while when each contraction came I was shouting give me air to my partner when I wanted the Gas and Air, (that stuff is truly amazing!!) around 5am the midwife came in and checked me internally again and said I was 8cm dilated and broke my waters, OUCH!! I called her a bitch but she just laughed!! I was completely out of it on Gas and Air, by 8am I had, had enough, I was in so much pain, and really couldn’t take it anymore, so the midwife came to check me again, and I had got to 9cm’s but there was a problem, on my cervix there was a lip that got stuck and just would not move she was back to back slightly and causing me a great deal of pain, so I asked for an epidural which they made me wait for just to see if I would go fully dilated but didn’t so the antitheist came in and gave me the epidural that really did not hurt compared to the contractions, I told the man how amazing he was and couldn’t stop saying thank you! The gas and air truly makes you say some odd things!
After about 4 hours I got checked again but hadn’t progressed the registrar came in and gave me an internal and said they would have to take me for a C-section because I had been in labour for so long, but I did NOT want a section, I said no no no no no, I and said please give me a little bit longer, but they wouldn’t, while I was waiting for them to come back, I said to the midwife I am going to be sick, in which she gave me the smallest bowl ever and I just projectile vomited everywhere all over her and my bed, I was starting to shake and feel really rubbish, the consultant came in to get me ready for theatre he checked me and said nope, your not going anywhere your going to push your fully dilated, I was so chuffed I thanked him so much and told him he was the best bloke in the world! At this time he really was! So midwife came in and said right we’re going to push and you should have this baby within the next hour, so we pushed and push but my cervix was still playing up , so the consultant said I had to go to theatre to try and get baby out with forceps and I only had 3 pushes to try and get baby out before I would have to have a c-section! So off to theatre I went which was the worse time of my life, they attempted 4 times to put a spinal in but it wasn’t happening so they just upped my epidural, I had to have an oxygen mask on as baby’s heartbeat was dropping due to distress, and then it was time to push, I pushed once and babys head was out J hooray! Then on the second push the rest of the body was out , I heard the cry straight away, my partner cut the cord and and told me we had just had a baby girl J she was born at 7.15pm on the 23rd of July weighing 7lbs 11oz she is the most perfect baby girl ever! After she was delivered my partner took her back to my room to meet her grandma, whilst I was being stitched up after having an Episiotomy it took an hour to be stitched back up. Then I was taken back to my room, where my baby girl latched on to the breast like a pro!

Her name is Imogen Sally Costello!

https://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o86/lostcontrol_2006/SAM_0355.jpg
https://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o86/lostcontrol_2006/SAM_0356.jpg
https://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o86/lostcontrol_2006/SAM_0437.jpg

Well done on the birth of your baby girl. I too had to be cut but, they used a vontuse so, i didn't need to go to theatre but, I am still quite sore 9days on! Not easy this labour marlarky is it? But well worth it!

congrats on little Imogen, she is just beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->