A nipple query

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
I have had itchy nipples for a while, it seemed to be cycle related as they would become itchy during my luteal phase. However, the one on the right is now more itchy than the left and it's gone red. It doesn't itch all the time, and it seems to be irritated more so after being in the shower (as in immediately).
But I made myself paranoid Googling because it keeps appearing with Paget's disease. Just wondered if anyone else has the same issue and if it's a common thing because I don't recall this happening in my other pregnancies

I have experienced itching nipples in pregnancy but I would speak to my GP or MW who may get you to see the GP. It's one of those situations where it might not be the same answer for everyone. <3

Yeah, it's the redness that is making me worry more I think. It wouldn't be odd to me if I was scratching it but I'm not. Although, it does seem to be its reddest after showering.
I read that sometimes progesterone supplementation can cause it, and I'm pretty sure it started when I started the Cyclogest

I've noticed this with one of mines. The itch feels very intense when it's there, but comes and goes, with the same nipple I've also often felt a pain that feels deep within the nipple (I mean that barely makes sense but I don't know how else to describe it). I don't recall every having anything like this in previous pregnancies but it definitely only started after 9-10 weeks x

It's weird isn't it? I don't have pain except if it's manhandled or when water hits it in the shower (both of them though) so that's pretty usual for me. But the itch and redness isn't and I didn't have this in my other pregnancies that I can recall.
Have you asked your doctor or midwife about it?

I haven't, I just assumed it was hormone related and I don't have another appointment until I'm 24 weeks. I would say my right also looks slightly larger in comparison too. It was particularly itchy the entire weekend I was away from my son's football tournament, 2 weeks ago, that's when I realised it'd been going on for a bit x

Yeah, mine is also slightly larger than the left, and marginally puffy in comparison. Or it looked it earlier anyway, but it's hard to tell since the other is bumpier than that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->