A poop question!

candeur

Reaction score
For the last few days, Seren's bowel movements have been so frequent, I find myself changing nappies ALL day.
Before she'd only have maybe 1 or 2 poops a day, today she's had one nearly every hour since she's woken up. I've changed about 6 dirty nappies!
She's on 3 meals a day, and 3 bottles, nothing has changed in regards to her diet. Her bum is also getting really sore from all the wiping. Is it normal?

There'll be nothing left of her by the end of the day if she carries on at this rate! :dohh:

are they very soft poo's ? i know how we like to blame everything on teething.. but.. it causes some bizzare problems. i was just thinking that teething is known to cause tummy upsets etc.. so if they are a bit on the soft side that could be the cause.

if they are harder than usual although she wouldnt technically be constipated as she is going, maybe she is having trouble pushing it out resulting in several nappies a day ?
other than that i really dont know what to think :)

They seem quite normal, not too soft, not too hard... She is a bit more upset than normal so maybe it is teething... Other than that she has been drinking more water than usual, so maybe she's just clearing herself out a bit, maybe. I just hope it doesn't carry on like this, poor thing her bum is red raw!

aww poor little thing...
maybe try giving her some extra nappy free time ( in an easy to clean area or on a towel , lol) to let the air get to her bum and put a litle sudocrem on it before nappying up again ?
hope it gets batter soon :)

I agree that it could be teething. :hugs: Hope she feels better soon

Dex had the exact same thing for one day, he went from 1-2 poo changed to 5-6. It only lasted a day though. I'm still not sure what is was as he was fine otherwise.

In regards to the soreness do you use wipes? If so that is probably what is causing the soreness, make sure after wiping you dry the bum really well with a muslin or soem type of soft cloth. Bepanthen is great for nappy rash or Sudo cream

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->