A question about anti sickness tablet called cyclizine.

Nanaki

Mummy 2 two boys, an angel and a girl!
Reaction score
Hello ladies.

I wanted to ask a question about this tablet. I am in UK.

My doctor prescribed me this medication trying to reduce the nausea as at the moment I am non function at home and feeling sick all the time and when moving around making me feel sick more! So stuck at home at the moment.

Anyone is taking them? Is it safe? Is there anyway to help recuse the nausea??

Many thanks

Iv used them in 3 pregnancys now hun there perfectly safe and the mildest anti sickness tab u can get...but to be honest they dont stop u feeling sick they just stop u actually being sick ...I suffer with HG so had to use them in order to stop throwing up and being hospitalised again for dehydration but for me just cyclazine alone didnt work so I took them with another tab called ondansertron and together they worked well...there is no harm in tryinh them as they work different for everyone xx

Cyclizine is, according to my doctor, one of the meds that they start you off at for nausea, so theyre supposedly more low level. Cyclizine did nothing for my HG and just made me really spaced out and weird. Didn't stop me being sick. So I was on ondansetron (zofran) melts until the 20 week mark.

I agree about them making u spaced out.... they did the same to me I found myself falling to sleep shortly after taking them...but it didn't bother me as sleeping was the only time I was at peace from my HG lol xx

Im on them hun... been on them 5 days.. Not doing much for me so going back tomorrow after work to see GP and get Zofran hopefully as I cant work feeling like this...work dont know im pregnant.

Serenjay if ur in the uk they may not give u zofran (ondansertron) they just about give it to HG sufferers.... maybe its just where I am but when I was hospitalised they warned me that once the packet they gave me run out my gp might refuse me more for 2 reasons ... 1 there isn't alot of research on the meds effect on the fetus so unless your a serious case where the positives outweigh the negatives they dont like to give u them although no study yet has found any bad effects (I done lots of research on this as I felt uneasy with this info at first) ...2 is because there very expensive meds which I found unbelievable that they would tell me that ....I had to fight hard with my gp to get enough just to get me to 12 weeks it was only when I said to her that if she doesn't perscribe them then I will 100% end up back in hospital very sick and dehydrated if she doesn't which is detrimental to mine and baby's health and I will blame her for it if I do and write a massive complaint against her! anyway point is if your not actually being sick you most likely wont get them...but its worth a try because they are the only meds out of them all that actually stop u feeling sick aswell as being sick there fantastic and I don't know how id have got through without them in all honesty xx

not stopped vomiting.. rang into work.. they are not happy. im so stressed.. rang gp surgery told them I need something stronger and they are now waiting for gp to possibly ring me back then he will put a script into the pharmacy and they will deliver.. im so ill I am only making it to and from bathroom with jelly legs crying my eyes out feeling sorry for myself and sleeping in between.. im so worn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->