A question from a lil WTT girly :)

L

LilMiss_91

I was just wondering what made you choose NTNP instead of TTC? Personally I think when my time comes to move from WTT I'll come in here, I don't like the idea of all the charting, monitoring etc which seems to come with TTC. When my OH and I decide to start a family I want to be laid back about it and let things happen naturally in their own time!

well, when we were ttc #1, i have to admit i was a bit of a control freak. (im pretty type A):haha: so doing the OPKs made me feel like i had a little bit of control over the whole situation.
this time however, we are of the mind "if it is meant to happen, then it will happen." we already have our DD, and will be happy even if she is all we ever get. but we have decided at this point to NTNP, because if she ended up with a sibling--we would be thrilled!
good luck in whatever route you choose!

(I'm just lurking in this section)
But i NTNP with No#1 and it was what i found so much better than worrying about charting and all that.
I loved just "having fun" with DH rather than it being a chore?
Also i could TTC if i tried as i have ALWAYS had really iregular periods.

I was NTNP where as my friend of the same age was TTC and i fell after 4 months and it took her a year?? I dont know how that works??
xx

We decided to NTNP because it is so stressful to TTC. The charting and temping and everything pretty much takes the romance and excitement out of it. I'm really going to work hard at just being laid back about it and just making it fun. When it's meant to happen it will happen. I have also heard that when you get stressed out about getting pregnant, you are less likely to have it happen. I've even heard that you don't ovulate as easily (not sure if that's true or not...) but either way I don't want to be paranoid about it.

Plus if I'm stressing each month about it, I'm going to be crushed when it doesn't happen. Last month was my first month of NTNP and I started to stress and then I was really disapointed when my AF came. From now on I'm going to just chill out!

I agree with the others, NTNP is less stressful. I can understand OPK's, temping, etc if you have trouble getting pregnant after a few months but before that I think it's unneeded stress. I was reading a fertility book that was explaining that humans are naturally more sexually attracted to each other during fertile times due to hormones and chemicals being released. OH seemed to prove that theory right this month. We hadn't DTD in about 4-5 days (we were both busy lately and have a lot going on) and then suddenly he jumped me the other morning. I came on BnB later that day and saw that my ticker said it was ovulation day (CD15 of 28 day cycle). I know that's not always accurate but later that day I started Ovulation Bleeding which further supported the theory.
Maybe it's just coincidence but I'm enjoying the route of NTNP none-the-less. Even accidentally entering the main TTC forum gives me anxiety:wacko:.

I agree that NTNP makes it less stressful... I know of a couple who sort of announced they were 'trying' and 2 years later they still aren't pregnant. I think she's feeling a bit of anxiety now because all eyes have been on them for a while. But the more she's told to relax, the more tense she is :(

For us the whole idea of TTC would freak my hubby out! Hes very much traditional and thinks things should happen when theyre supposed to. I am Charting because I wanna get to know my body better, but if Im OVing, and were not in the mood, then we wont DTD. We want our sexlife to be as natural as it always is.

We NTNP when we were TTC Maia for the exact reasons you said in your op. For me charting etc just took the magic out of it. We agreed to actively try if we had no BFP after 6 months but it didn't come to that :)

If/when DH gives the greenlight for another baby I plan to be here myself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->