A quick question.

mom2pne

Reaction score
Do you know if it's possible to have signs of ovulation and not ovulate? Yesterday morning I noticed ewcm, then I had an appointment with my OB who told me that my cervix was very high and open. Well today my temp didn't go up like I expected it would if those signs were correct. So can you have signs of ovulation without actually ovulating. Here is my chart as well.

Oh my temps are taken at the same time everyday and it is set to FAM. Thank you!
https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t292/monierose/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/5B13B47D-AEAD-4FB4-B709-183B15F85566.png_zpsdqczrx24.jpeg

Do you regularly temp at every cycle around the time O? If yes, then it could be a “stress cycle” with delayed ovulation or genuine anovulatory cycle. Personally I believe, temp shift is the only definitive sign that ovulation happened. But mine didn’t rise usually till 2 DPO.

May be you could still ovulate in this cycle as you have EWCM just yesterday. Many times, temp rise is followed after few days of seeing EWCM. There could be different reasons if you missed temp rise in cycle. You can have all of the fertile signs, including a positive ovulation predictor, EWCM and still not ovulate. Your body is getting ready to ovulate and then doesn't for any number of reasons. Stress and illness are two examples of those. Sadly, many experts believe, the only way you can actually tell if you have ovulated is by the temp rise, you can get all the other signs but if the temp does not rise for some reason you body did not release the egg. If temperature stays pretty same throughout the cycle, that mostly implicate anovulation.

Sounds like you may ovulate soon, you can have EWCM up to a week before the actual ovulation occurs .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->