A silly question about foods

LauraLu

Reaction score
Please forgive the odd/humorous question I am about to ask!

Do you think it's possible to train yourself into liking specific foods? For example, I do not like bananas. I wish I did, lol. (Yeah, told you it was an odd one!) I hear they're great for weight loss and many other health benefits. I'd also love it if I really liked cottage cheese - ick; I don't.

I think I'm so programmed into liking the traditional American, delicious (prepackaged, junk-filled-fat-filled) foods, that my palate just won't cooperate.

What are your thoughts? Any success stories?

Definitely. I did it with green tea, and various vegetables. As I've got older, I've got better too, less fussy. I found too if I were hungry enough I'd consider most things ;)

Yep I've done it too! Convinced myself I like and dislike things!

I remember reading that there's a book by Paul McKenna where he teaches you how to convince yourself you don't like certain naughty foods.
So I would assume its possible to do the reverse too.
Tell yourself you like them, associate them with doing something you enjoy-favourite tv program, reading a magazine you like, your 'me' time etc.

I'm like the above poster-not a fan of green tea, but I sit and have it and watch a show I like and don't even think about it. Also, I sometimes add lemon to make it nicer.
Perhaps combine foods you want to like with some reasonably ok ones to start?
Ie chopped bananas with a small drizzle if honey for example
Xx

Personally I wouldn't - just because foods I don't like make me gag haha.... I'm not even on veg :(. But.. You can use substitutes?

I don't like peas/broccoli etc, but lik cabbage/sweet corn/parsnips/sweet potato.

I don't like berries, but love melon/other fruits, x

I'm sure you can train yourself to like something if you're set on it - I think I did with jack daniels when I was younger as it w my dads drink of choice... I hated it. Now it's my drink of choice haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->