A small victory!

EstelSeren

Married Mum of 2!
Reaction score
I'm so, so happy at the moment! I was speaking to my mum on the phone and I've finally got her to admit that if I were to fall pregnant soon after I get married she would be happy and excited to be a grandmother. She even said that I'd only "ideally" have a job before I fell pregnant, suggesting that she wouldn't be disappointed if I was still looking for work then. Of course, I'd prefer to be in work too but I'm not delaying ntnp purely for that reason when otherwise we're completely ready in ourselves. She agreed that it would be a good idea for us to ask for money as wedding presents so that we can save in earnest to get a deposit together to rent a house (even though we have a gorgeous 2 bed flat at the moment which we love the layout isn't suitable for having a baby there too!) that would preferably be a 3 bed so we're in a better place for children to live in. We've decided to continue renting for the moment as we know that we'll not be able to afford a deposit on a house for a good few years- we'd probably be ttc in our 40s if we waited until we could buy a house and there's no way we could wait that long!!

It's a massive weight off my mind as I've been really scared that I wouldn't be able to tell my mum and have her be happy for me. Now I don't have that worry and can just settle down to enjoying wtt and then ntnp!! :happydance::yipee::wohoo:\\:D/

Beca :wave:

Good for you! It's so nice to know you have the support of your loved ones when making big decisions good luck for the wedding! xxx

Yay! Congratulations :) I imagine most people want their parents to be on board too (I was so pleased when I got the 'go ahead' from my mum, haha!) so that's wonderful news :D

I had a pregnancy 'scare' in june and was dreading letting my mum know, my hubby was quaking in his boots too!, but when i did tell her what was going on, she was over joyed! it kinda puts stuff in perspective that everybody loves a new baby! (i turned out not to be preg, or had a chemical or something like that)

what wonderful news :yipee: i cannot wait to tell my parents when we're having another! i no they are just going to be so excited again! i'm told every day that being a grandparent is the best job in the world! x

Awwwww congrats! My mum was the same and then all of a sudden she came out with "If you have a baby before your married you could have a little flower girl or page boy" I was like, come again!?!? :shock:

Seems shes got used the idea of potentially becoming a grandmother :rofl: MOTHERS!!

Nice, good its all going well, good luck with the wedding. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->