A 'yay' for my 5yo son!

RachA

Reaction score
There is no real point to this thread. There's just a very limited number of people i can 'boast' about my son to without them thinking he's a bit behind with things.

Last night he went to bed for the first time without a nappy on and he didn't wet the bed :happydance::happydance::happy dance:
It's been a long time in coming - he's 6 in Aug. I'm just really hoping that he's finally got it and we aren't going to have to put him back into nappies again.

Bless him though. He is so excited about the fact that he is nappy less at night that when he goes back to school on Monday he wants to tell his friends!!! I'm not so sure that's a good idea as i would imagine the vast majority of his friends have been out of nappies at night for a while and they will think he's a bit odd for still being in them.

aww, maybe you could suggest he tells the teacher and let her know what he's going to say so he can say somewhere away from all the other children? That way he gets the praise from her/him without risking any embarrassment?!

It's so lovely that he's so proud :D

Thanks all.

We're very proud of him. He's had such problems as he's a really heavy sleeper and i've despaired of him ever getting out of nappies at night.

He doesn't know it yet but we have just bought him a tennis racket for his achievement as he starts tennis lessons on Thursday.

Well done little man! I bet he was so pleased.. and you too xxxx

Aw i know how you feel, my daughter is behind in most areas and does go to a special needs school but it gets so annoying when mums think its a competition between whos kids do what first! She now can write the majority of her letters and for the first time at the weekend wrote her name which is pretty difficult (aaliyah), cat and santa :) all by herself! Its just nice to be able to be proud of them without people thinking they should already be doing that! Yayy for your boys dry night :) xx

Thanks.

We've had a week and no accidents at night. Plus also no accidents during the day. Up until now he's always had accidents at school during the first week or two back after any holidays.

I think that we are finally there :)

Awwwwwww i have tears in my eyes! well done to your little boy! i would tell the teacher and ask for some stickers :)

i just realised he was born on the same day and same year as my daughter :)

Thanks.

We've had a week and no accidents at night. Plus also no accidents during the day. Up until now he's always had accidents at school during the first week or two back after any holidays.

I think that we are finally there :)

Well done :) i hope he got a great reward for his dry pants :) i bought a reward chard from ELC £6 and its fab! Its got magnets instead of stickers and has a white board pen so you can change his targets, its done wonders for my DD xx

my son took ages too we tried and he just dint click so we stopped for a while and then put him back in nappies tried again a bit later and he got its just the way of things......he is 6 in november and mastered it a couple of months ago........we worry too much about who does what when........so pleased for him ........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->