aaaaarrrrrrgghh! diaper/nappy changing mat

amber2727

Reaction score
i am SO annoyed! where can i find an 80x40cm nice wedge changing pad in the UK? all i see are the thin plastic ones, and all i really really want for my entire makeshift nursery is a nice, durable, wedged 80x40cm changing mat. really. it's the ONE baby thing (aside from the cot) we'll have in the room that says 'baby', and if i have to look at it 12 times a day, i just want a nice, simple one that my cover can fit properly on. the one at john lewis is 70x44 which sadly won't fit my 82x42 mat cover! i can't believe this is finally the one thing that is causing me to lose my mind this pregnancy! :wacko:

also we've just moved to the UK from the states, so maybe i just don't know where to look, but everything is so new to me here, particularly as it relates to bringing up baby, that i feel utterly exhausted not knowing what's what (sleeping bags?!). can't i just get my changing pad?! :dohh:

I've seen some UK girls posting about ordering US-style changing pads on amazon or similar. Maybe you can do a forum search?

My pad was from the states. I ordered a la baby contoured pad from overstock.com.
It has straps on it so baby is secured. I made the covers using a tutorial online. Sounds like overkill for a pad I know but our uk ones are rubbish.
Oh and it's not a case of not knowing where to look in the uk. We just don't do these types of mats here. I will say be prepared to pay a lot more though because of the shipping costs. Think ours worked out at £60?! But I love it so I don't care, like you it was the one thing I wanted for my nursery.

thanks ladies for the tips - i will check them out!!! as a fantastic back up, i also just found out that certain items dispatched from amazon.com can be shipped to the UK, too! so that $13 summer infant changing pad will cost me $33, but i don't care anymore! i'm so excited i'll get the changing pad i want and bebe will be warm, cozy, and comfortable! :happydance:

The mat I wanted was 79cm. I don't know what the width is though. I can't get it because my dresser is only 73cm.

It is the Polka Dot Stone cot top changer from Babies R Us and it already has a cover but you could put yours over it, meaning that when you took it off to wash it it would still be nice. It's £19.99 :)

I wanted a wedge one too but they're sooooo hard to find, I just had to go with a basic cheapy :( x

EDIT: Sorry, the width is 48cm :( here is the link anyway. Good luck with your search

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...Changers/Cot-Top-Changer-in-Polka-Dot(0015905)

Is it really worth spending that much money on a changing pad when I imagine the one in John Lewis plus the materials to make a cover will be less? Just a thought. x

it's a good question, little cookie, that i've been asking myself. i already have a cover and the john lewis wedge one (which is currently sold out) is too small for the cover. it's not a huge deal, but the mat itself also got bad reviews. the JL wedge is £15 ($23), and if i can get the right sized mat that got really good reviews for $33, it's worth the extra $10 for me.

also, i feel like baby is going to be using this mat for 2 years or so (is that right?) and i read somewhere that's like 1400 changes, i want it to be the one i want. i'm not overly concerned with pretty clothes or any decor at all really aside from a calming place for me and babe where i can change the diaper (plus a mobile for distraction!).

plus, it's one of two baby things we'll have in the room (aside from the cot), so we'll have to look at it constantly! oh, and plus, i'm american, and we drop money like it's no one's business! :rofl: j/k! but kinda not!

thanks lolita! the link you sent didn't work?

for future reference, i've seen basic wedge mats at JL and mothercare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->