Abby's consultant appointment news

Foogirl

Baby Abby 11 weeks early
Reaction score
I thought I'd do an update for you all.

We had Abby's quarterly assessment today. It went fairly well and for the most part the consultant was pleased with her progress.

Her cognitive, speech and fine motor skills are where they should be (and much further for her speech) for her actual age.

She is still having problems with gross motor skills. No sign of crawling but is getting better taking steps with support and will stand with support. If she's in the right mood she will pull herself up but don't even think about putting her on her tummy to crawl or asking her to roll over:dohh: We have been seeing a physio for a wee while now and she's pleased with her progress. We're getting special shoes to help support her feet too. Hopefully it is a simple case of a lazy (or unconfident) baby and isn't a sign of longer term mobility issues which we had previously been advised could be an issue.

Weight wise I've been fighting with the HVs, and the consultant (and my mum!!!) for months now pointing out that starting at 75th centile and going to below the 9th, when she sat on 50th for ages and her height is well above 50th, cannot be a good thing. I kept being told it was all fine because she looked healthy. I'd given up fighting but all of a sudden its a problem so now we have a high energy supplement. On the plus side we actually got to talk to a decent dietitian. The other one we've seen 4 times and its a case of "oh milk makes her ill, my advice is not to give it to her....":shrug: The lady today talked to us for an hour and even went on to convince me I have the same intolerance!!

We're going back in two months rather than four to see how the weight gain and movement is coming on. Watch this space for a new year update.....

Abby is doing wicked hun!!! :hugs:

She sounds like she is doing brilliantly to me! Standing and taking a few steps with support is fantastic :thumbup: Go Abby! :happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->