Abdominal Pain Early On?

bookishsorts

Reaction score
I just found out today that I am pregnant. Technically 5 weeks since date of last period. I've been having some significant cramping in the last few days. Today's cramps are definitely not as bad as they were. A woman at my ob's office said this was normal. Pants are definitely not comfortable. Other than these cramps and feeling a little sleepy, I feel good.

Did anyone else experience cramping early on? What was it like for you? How did you handle the feelings? When did they stop?

Sorry for the mountain of questions. This is my first pregnancy.

Hey you! Congrats on the BFP!

Let me reassure you that the cramping is normal. Nut shell response: my gyn says that you really only need to be concerned if it is accompanied by bleeding. Not spotting. Bleeding. Full on, bright red, fill a pad bleeding. Spotting can be normal, especially after scans and BD.

Longerish response: My personal observation is that I am about 6 weeks. I have had these pulling, twinges of cramps. I have also had cramps so severe I couldn't get off the floor for 30 minutes. It's normal. Especially since this is your first pregnancy. Your uterus, even though the baby is so tiny, has to get ready. It is stretching and growing which is going to cause some cramping. I started krav and went from a size 7 to a size 1 in pants. I don't throw away clothes, and I had a spare size 5 laying around. It's getting snug. When I am at home, it's definitely zipper down lol. I just handled it by moving on with my day or distracting myself really. I don't know if you're supposed to put heat on it (I imagine not) but it always helped when my little puppy would rest her warm body up against my tummy while I was on my side haha. Drinks lots of water!

Thanks for this; am 4 weeks today and feeling crampy but no bleeding/spotting. You're putting my mind at rest! :)

Yes I had lots of cramping from weeks 4-6..now Im 9 weeks and baby is healthy. I would only worry if it comes with bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->