Abnormal smear test - biopsy

starangel27

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has goen through this and had a biopsy?

xx

My mother did. What would you like to know?

I haven't had a biopsy but I just 2 weeks ago got abnormal results from my smear. I have to wait 12 months for a second test to see if what they think is happening has developed. Very unnerving and frustrating.

My mother did. What would you like to know?

Hi

Im just wondering how long the results took to come back? and what treatment was needed? ive had a letter back which my doctor was copied in on saying the whole area has cell change & suspected high level CIN and they will contact me when results are back. just really starting to worry its been a week

xx

I haven't had a biopsy but I just 2 weeks ago got abnormal results from my smear. I have to wait 12 months for a second test to see if what they think is happening has developed. Very unnerving and frustrating.

yeah it really is, within 2 weeks of my abnormal smear i had to go & get the biopsy im just getting more & more worried as time goes on

Mums was within the month of the test. She had abnormal cells across the cervix, though they only removed a quater. She was on antibiotics for two weeks to prevent infection and she gets a recheck ever eight months.

thanks for that Leopard puts my mind at rest a little

Thats good, glad to try and help. If you just need to get your emotions of your chest, Jll be around. Oh and please call me Courtney :)

thanks courtney your really helpful fingers crossed ill find out soon x

i thoughta smear test was a biopsy??? good luck with your results...X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"