? about breastmilk after m/c

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

question about breast milk after m/c.....

DH and I lost our LO Jan. 30th of this year due to pre term labor at 14 weeks. I noticed clear stuff leaking from my breast about a week later. I wore tight sports bras and made sure not to stimulate them. I have experienced my first period (feb 25) after our loss and today marks 7 weeks from 01/30. I thought the fluid had dried up after my period bc that weird feeling went away and I haven't noticed any fluid leaking in the last two weeks.

However, the last 2 days I have noticed the fluid has returned. I recently ovulated, could that have anything to do with it? How long did it take your "milk" to dry up? What did it look like? At first the fluid was clear to cloudy white. Now it looks a little yellowish, which worries me. No odor. I am a nurse so I am probably over analyzing the whole appearance thing, sorry. And my hubby and I didn't use any protection this month. So I am secretly hoping this may be a hopeful sign for a rainbow baby :)

Thanks ladies, and Happy Mother's day to those celebrating today!!!!! (ours isn't until May here in the states)

sorry...I can't really help you. They gave me a pill to take after birth, which stopped my milk coming in, so I didn't get anything at all, thankfully.

I hope someone else can give you an answer...(actually, I hope it's a sign of a rainbow, that would be wonderful!) :hugs:

xx

Hi there, I'm not sure really - my milk did come in, with a vengeance, but once it was gone, it was gone. I would say yellow is colostrum, the first milk, so wouldn't worry about the colour, it's not a sign of infection unless your breasts are hot or have painful lumpy bits (usually round the sides) which would be from engorgement, but you'd know about it if you had that, it's damn sore.
I don't want to get your hopes up but I hope it's a sign of something new too. Did you notice any colostrum or anything when you fell pregnant before? You'd still have a lot of active breast tissue I suppose from your wee angel so I'm not sure if that would make a difference or not. GL, keep us updated. xxx

Thanks ladies :)

I didn't have any colostrum until a week after my d&c. Then after my period that tingly feeling and the fluid went away. I agree, in not thinking they are engorged bc they aren't red or extremely sore. I have natural double-triple D's and I hate them! They are always sore and full of veins so its hard for me to say if they are tender or not. But they are definitely not "damn sore"!! :haha: I have started getting that tingly feeling again today. I don't know......I guess we will see. I would be extremely excited if it was a sign of a rainbow baby :) Just trying my best not to get my hopes up as I have been really down this week :( Just wishing things could have worked out differently. I am sure if anyone will understand it would be you ladies. I have my follow up scan/OB appt this coming Thursday so I can make mention of it there and see what the doc thinks. Thanks again. I love this forum :)

Firstly let me just say how sorry i am for your loss,i know how hard it is.:cry:

My milk has been terrible! i lost my daughter at 23 weeks and after labour was given a pill to stop me producing it,but it didnt! id see that my nipples would look really full an if i squeezed id get white milk from them.(it is very upsetting after what weve been through to still have our milk).So a month or so after the birth i visit my doctor and tell her im still producing milk even after taking the pill to stop it,she looked confused and said "do you leak milk or just get it when you squeeze?" i answered "when i squeeze" her answer was simply dont squeeze then. every squeeze,prod,poke is stimulation and will keep your milk coming.Id suggest just not to touch them atleast for 2 weeks and hopefully it will stop.I solidly left my alone for nearly 2 weeks and then gave them a squeeze and it was just a tiny bit of clear liquid from them so i think its doing the trick.
All the best for you hun,hope my advice helped :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->