about those sperm......

rachelt

TTC #1
Reaction score
Morning all,

Just musing how long those little swimmers :spermy: survive after shooting out & where they hang out?

Reason is..... Bd last Thurs eve, then was p'd off to realise I ovulated some time on Fri or Sat. :hissy:

Basically, my temp on Thurs am was 36.4, Fri am was 36.4and Sat pm was 37.3. (Forgot sat am) Has stayed over 37 since, so know I ovulated around fri or sat. Do you think I Bd too early?

It's all clearblue digi's fault - got 1 smiley face a week previous, but 16 days later no :bfp: or :witch: so was obv wrong :growlmad:

Any musings gratefully received!! :flower: Thank you!

I know the sperm can survive for anything up to 5 days hun, not too sure about the rest.

Just didn't want to leave you hanging for an answer. I'm sure someone alot more helpful than me will be along soon x x x x

:hug:

i agree with kellie they can live up to about 5 days i think

I would say the wee fellas still could have got your egg, would only have been hanging out for a couple of days which they can do easily.

Yep the ideal time to get pregnant is from BDing the day before you Ov coz the sperm has had time to travel up the fallopian tubes & is waiting for the egg to be released.

Good luck hun xx

I think it's 5 days max but more likely 2-3.

Does anyone know, after a BD how long it takes the :spermy: to swim through cervix and into the tube? How long should we lie with our legs in the air?? :headspin:

I tend to accidently fall asleep with my legs in the air, but if I manage to keep myself awake, usually about 10 - 15 minutes. Then I'll raise mself up with a pillow while I go to sleep

I read that some sperm are olympic swimmers :spermy: and can reach target in half hour. Others take 2/3 hours and others even slower. Think this influences the sex of the baby doesn't it - aren't male :blue: sperm faster but not so strong, whereas females :pink:are slower but stronger? :bodyb:

This may be tmi, :blush: but after Bd my Dh shoves a cushion under my rear and I stay for a few mins, but it starts to erm..... 'leak' unless i do a full on shoulder stand :headspin:, which isn't particularly comfy to sleep in :winkwink:

I've never been able to fall asleep straight away cos of the 'messy' feeling :sleep:

Realy hope my dh spermies were able to 'hang on' up there for my egg! :loopy:

I'm sure I've read that it's more beneficial to bd in the days leading up to O, rather than the day itself, due to the length of time it takes the lil swimmers to get where they're going.

Good luck! :hugs:

Hello schmelly,

Thanks for that :hug:

I'm Kent too, hears praying for a shower of baby dust over here soon :dust:

Ha ha...imagine if there was a little spec of baby dust in every rain drop in Kent...we'd all be preg with triplets by now!!!

I have to wait until my thyroid's sorted before we can restart ttc (been ttc 13 months already), but I'm feeling positive for 2009!

Good luck to you...hope you get your :bfp: soon!

I agree with the girls...your best days to BD are the 2 days before ovulation..but preferably the day before. sometimes if you BD the day of ovulation, the sperm won't have time to get to the egg before it dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->