About when ttc #2?

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Sorry if this is a simple or silly question?...

My baby is nearly 3 months old, I would like an age gap of 2 to 2 and half at a stretch 3 years age gap, I really don't want a birthday after may time in the summer cos of the school year or an xmas birthday, when to start ttc again?

Thanks!

Its hard to say really, it took us 7 months to conceive but it could be shorter or longer. Just make sure you're ready when you do ttc in case you fall pregnant the first month of trying! Xx

It was pretty quick for us first time, but you just never know, we could have just been lucky! I was taking folic acid for months before ttc just in case anyway so will do the same next time.

Our baby boy is a Callum too!

We fell pregnant after dtd once. It took 4 months ntnp/ttc for ds.
I'd say wait and see how you feel - obviously, but don't start before your absolute minimum age gap because you never know how long it'll take. Or not take.
It took me 11 weeks to get a period after I stopped the contraceptive pill so I didn't ever go back on it In case we wanted to ttc at 9 months for an 18-24m gap.
Unfortunately dh lost all his work and things didn't happen how I imagined.
Now we will have exactly 3 year age gap.
Xx

It was pretty quick for us first time, but you just never know, we could have just been lucky! I was taking folic acid for months before ttc just in case anyway so will do the same next time.

Our baby boy is a Callum too!

Yeah see for the first couple of months of ttc I just didn't think so wasn't bothering to take folic acid, then started taking it but it still took us another 5 months to conceive.

And great name choice! We liked it straight away for our Callum! xx

I agree with others about waiting until the minimum amount before you ttc because you might get pregnant the first time,lol. But don't expect it because your body could be different. Also, like another poster said, it might make a difference what birth control you use until then because your hormones could take a while to regulate. BFing and cosleeping can also affect fertility (not sure if you do either).

I got pregnant right away the first time (which sadly ended in miscarriage) then a few cycles later I fell with dd, so also fairly fast. I wanted babies very close together so started ntnp right away after dd was born but I didn't even get my period back until she was almost a year! Then it took until dd was 2 to get pregnant again (I think it was a short luteal phase due to bfing) so you never know how long it will take. :)

Took us just one time to get pregnant the 2nd time :wacko: and we weren't even trying. First time it took us 6 months.

We wanted them close, and even though it never took us more than a few cycles to conceive, we start ttc again when DD1 was 3 months old, thinking it would take us longer and that my cycles would be all messed up for a while...of course I got my bfp 10 days later:haha:

We were thrilled but also nervous because of my history of miscarriages, but all was well and this little bean made it home safe and sound :) So there's an 11 months gap between our daughters, which is amazing!!

at first we wanted our children 2 years apart then i said 3...i didn't get my period until my DD was one (co-sleep, breastfeed) but by the summertime when she was around 18 months my body started craving being pregnant again...I don't know how to describe it, really, because in my head I wasn't ready to be pregnant again. But one time having unprotected sex and I was pregnant and am now 21 weeks! Our two daughters will be two years and 4 months apart.
If you want to give birth before summer the latest you could get pregnant would be September if my math is correct. But like everyone else said be prepared to get pregnant quickly as it might happen right away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->