Absolutely terrified. Support MUCH needed

Soos

Mommy!
Reaction score
hey everyone

I'm on IUD (non hormonal), and i had a septorhinoplasty under general anesthesia two weeks ago (took clarithromycin 500mg twice a day for a week afterwards) and today i found out that i'm actually pregnant. I was having a major hormonal disbalance past few months and irregular periods and i was absolutely sure that im not pregnant, then something told me to buy a test to be sure. it came out positive. my hands are shaking i cannot believe it is happening to me.

Not to mention that we are on a verge of a divorce with my husband and was going to try couple therapy starting next week. Last week was a nightmare.

My history: first son passed away during labor in 2011, my rainbow baby son was born in 2012.

To say that I am a freaking mess right now is an underestimation.

Im having an ultrasound and doc appointment in the morning.

Ok, deep breaths! Your situation does sound pretty scary but I'm sure it'll all fall into place, as these things tend to do.
If you can, talk to your doctor tomorrow about the pregnancy and whether you need to worry about having taken the pain meds. Chances are they'll be able to reassure you. And obviously also discuss removal of the IUD then.
I'm so sorry you lost your first son and can only imagine how much scarier that makes pregnancy. Do you feel like you would benefit from a grief counsellor or psychologist to support you through this pregnancy?
I don't know anything about the situation with your husband obviously but I don't think this should stand in the way of couples therapy, quite the opposite. It's great that you're trying that path to see if you can overcome your differences. But you're raising a son already, so don't let this new pregnancy affect the outcome. You can do it, whatever you decide and whether it's with your husband or on your own. I'd say sort the medical stuff for now and then take some time to let the news sink in. You've got this. It may feel totally overwhelming now, but trust me, you do.

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time.. If it helps at all, I had my appendix removed during my pregnancy with ds2, they put me under and I was also on antibiotics as well as morphine and other narcotic meds for weeks for the surgery as well as for dental issues.. he is now a very happy and active baby.

I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months and I hope that you, and your husband too, can find the happiness that you deserve to feel during your pregnancy

Very sorry about your worries and stressful situations , just trust that the universe will work every thing out.

Very sorry to hear that your are going through all of this. Sending positive vibes our way. I hope that everything works out and you have a H&H 9 months!!

Just to echo the above, sorry to hear about the really tough time you are having. The important thing to focus on, is looking after yourself. Tell your husband, but be clear you want to work hard at couples therapy and try and sort out your issues. Fundamentally it is really important that being pregnant, doesn't get in the way of trying to get your relationship back on track. You can also be good parents if you aren't together. I split up with my eldest's father mid-pregnancy, and whilst it took some hard work, we are now really good friends, and co-parent very amicably.

I'd recommend talking this through with a friend you can trust to keep it private, but also be honest with you.

Wishing you the very best, and a happy and healthy pregnancy xxx

MDW
AmberR
autumn_leaves
Amygdala
MyFavSurprise

thank you ladies for your support and kind words. unfortunately, implantation occurred right under the IUD and removal of IUD stopped my pregnancy. everything happens for a reason so im holding on. thank you once again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->