Abused 12-year-old boy charged for murder- heartbreaking

MonstHer

Reaction score
I can't believe this. How awful. I don't think he should be tried as an adult. What do you think?!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...3-tried-adult-killing-2-year-old-brother.html

He never had a chance, really. :( :(

It's a tough one really. It's a horrible thing that he's done & he should be 'punished' but I'm not sure whether being tried as an adult is the way to go. From reading the link, he doesn't seem to have much remorse but then is it any wonder growing up in that environment.

Is 'life in jail' actually mean full life in USA? In UK, it's 25 years but can be out in 7-10years on good behaviour, pleading guilty etc.

I agree the poor sod never stood a chance in life.

I dont either but American justice is always hard.

That mother is worse IMO. Who surfs the iNternet whilst your baby is dying and who leaves a kid wh has just broken sour babies leg in charge of them whilst they o out. Sick.

It's a tough one really. It's a horrible thing that he's done & he should be 'punished' but I'm not sure whether being tried as an adult is the way to go. From reading the link, he doesn't seem to have much remorse but then is it any wonder growing up in that environment.

Is 'life in jail' actually mean full life in USA? In UK, it's 25 years but can be out in 7-10years on good behaviour, pleading guilty etc.

I agree the poor sod never stood a chance in life.

Anything from Minimum of 15 to until they die.

That is shocking. I agree with Blah, the 'mother'(if u can even call her that) is to blame more! It doesn't condone what the boy did but growing up in that environment he probs thought it was the norm! SICK!!

Lindsey - I didn't think u could get murder charges halved on good behaviour in UK? I know someone that got 30 years minimum for murder in UK. I think life is life in america from other stories I've read!

I blame the mother! The baby would not have died had she taken it to the hospital.
The whole thing is just awful. She left this kid with all of her other kids, and had a screwed up life herself. It is a horrible situation and should be considered man-slaughter if anything.
This kid needs to be rehabilitated and given a chance at life, since his circumstances took it away from him. :(
Usually I am not affected by news stories, but this one is really getting to me.
:( :(

Why didn't social services remove him from his mothers care years ago? It says the police knew about him & the schools knew about him yet they let him stay with his 'mother'!! Failure of the system I'd say..
Cx

The 'mother' is wholly responsible for what has happened to these two boys, both have effectively had their lives taken away. If you are born in to abuse and its all you know you know no different. I know this boy has murdered but he needs rehabilitating, i think he should be taken away for a long time and allowed to rebuild a normal life, i dont mean he should get away with it and they'd have to really do alot of work with him and it could even be too late to help this child. But to throw him in an adult prison for the rest of his life is unfair considering the situation.

Reminds me of this girl, she was subjected to awful abuse but was rehabilitated at a young age and is now a paediatric nurse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-Re_Fl_L4

I think he has been let down badly by the system, he needs to be punished for what he has done and imo trying him as an adult is not the way to go, I believe that had he been given the chance of a "normal" life then he would probably be a well adjusted 12 year old kid, as it stands he knew no better, I feel very sad for him

That is shocking. I agree with Blah, the 'mother'(if u can even call her that) is to blame more! It doesn't condone what the boy did but growing up in that environment he probs thought it was the norm! SICK!!

Lindsey - I didn't think u could get murder charges halved on good behaviour in UK? I know someone that got 30 years minimum for murder in UK. I think life is life in america from other stories I've read!

I think it depends on the severity of the murder I presume. If you plead guilty, you get a third knocked off the sentence as apparently you have shown remorse as oppose to pleading not guilty & found guilty. Then there's good behaviour on top of that to knock off.

I feel sorry for him, what sort of life has he had, he was let down by his parents/carers and the system.........he clearly has been damaged by his up bringing and throwing him in jail for the rest of his life is wrong..........he should be rehabilitated and given therapy and medical (maybe) care until he is alot older and considered not a threat to society.

sad story x

This is a tough one x Its a similar thing to James Bulger's killer in some ways (werent one or both from abusive backgrounds?) I feel sad for this young boy but all I feel towards James' killers are hate, maybe its the way they killed him makes them worse!! They got a a few years in a juvenile centre & one of them is still a threat to society, they got new identities the lot - IMO they dont deserve that, BUT then I read about this boy & he derserves a loving family & to be rehabilitated, putting him in an adult prison??? really?? for LIFE??? what is that going to achieve?? he needs serious help.
His mother has a huge part to play but she was just 12 years old when she had him, still a child herself. SS should have taken those children away as soon as they knew what was going on, they failed the whole family massively :nope:

Such a sad case but I think his punishment is right.

I'm not sure if someone with a life like that from birth can be fixed :(

I feel so sad for him :( He never stood a chance.

Also feel a bit sorry for his mum. Was she not like 12 when she had him? Had also been abused etc? Not making excuses for her actions by any means btw!

I think if given a proper chance he could be rehabilitated --if they act fast and stop wasting time in courts/jail.

It's terrible, the poor boy to have grown up in a life like that, it's terrible and sad, but ultimately he killed his brother, and how he should have been tried I don't know, but he is a murderer, I agree he didn't have chance, and the mother has more blame etc, but he killed, and people can and do grow up in situations like that and do on murder.

The boy has been so let down and people should be made responsible, but he needs to be responsible for his actions too.

The concept of fair is individual and ever changing, there is no right answer.

What he did was horrible and he should be punished, but he is 12 :cry: He can be rehabilitated as well as being punished for this crime, he doesn't deserve life at 12 IMO. I feel awful for him and the baby. His mother should be in jail for life. I know he should be punished but he is 12 and needs help , he can grow up to be a better man and person if he gets the help he so desperately needs.
How sad :cry::cry:

Would people be under the mind frame of having him rehabilitated if he wasn't 12 but was say, 21??

I'm all for giving people chances especially given that he is a child but I don't actually think he would change and 12 year old's aren't babies, he knew what he was doing. Some people develop a thirst for things like this and he hasn't shown an ounce of remorse so I'm inclined to not trust rehabilitation in his case.

Would people be under the mind frame of having him rehabilitated if he wasn't 12 but was say, 21??

I'm all for giving people chances especially given that he is a child but I don't actually think he would change and 12 year old's aren't babies, he knew what he was doing. Some people develop a thirst for things like this and he hasn't shown an ounce of remorse so I'm inclined to not trust rehabilitation in his case.

I have to admit I probably wouldn't be if he was 21... :nope:

What an awful story :( I think his mother is to blame here, the boy is only 12 and he's had such a bad life. He needs help, he's been badly let down :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->