Abused 12-year-old boy charged for murder- heartbreaking

Would people be under the mind frame of having him rehabilitated if he wasn't 12 but was say, 21??

I'm all for giving people chances especially given that he is a child but I don't actually think he would change and 12 year old's aren't babies, he knew what he was doing. Some people develop a thirst for things like this and he hasn't shown an ounce of remorse so I'm inclined to not trust rehabilitation in his case.

But what about Mary Bell? She was born into a life of abuse and did go on to commit murder at just 10, she was sentenced for her crimes and rehabilitated and now has a family. People CAN change but they cant if they're not given a chance.

This boy would have to show remorse though he'd have to learn the ways of the world right from wrong etc and if he couldn't then yes he'd have to be locked up until he did or forever if he didn't.

My opinion is probably going to make me less than popular here but here it is, what has happened to that lad is wrong beyond belief, seriously seriously wrong, but he still has his own sense of right and wrong...and what he did, was a concious decision knowing full well it was wrong.

I dont speak of this lightly either, I was bought up in care from a history of domestic violence and sexual abuse, even though this was happening to me, I still knew at 12 that was wrong and I should never inflict that upon someone else.

He commited a very adult crime, the most serious of all, murder so I do believe he should be charged as an adult for it...I feel for what he has been through for sure, but his actions are disgusting and need to be punished.

What a tragic heartbreaking story, This was tragic right from the start.
Mother was sexually abused and as a result had baby at 12, poor boy had no admirable people to lead him in life, goes on to murder his poor baby brother and has had no chance in life what so ever all of theres lifes are now ruined because of that vile pervert that abused his mother the boy was born intp a life of this, this was deamed his life spon as he was conceived heartbreaking in so many ways :(

people are forgetting his intent wasn't to kill the baby. He physically beat the him, but wasn't trying to kill the baby.
The baby died because the mother didn't take him to the hospital.
Yes it's terrible that he broke the toddlers leg, and the boy himself was violent, but not a killer, in my opinion.
And anyway, people from those types of homes often do not show their emotions.
Showing emotions other than violence or anger is considered weak, amongst families like this.

Would people be under the mind frame of having him rehabilitated if he wasn't 12 but was say, 21??

I'm all for giving people chances especially given that he is a child but I don't actually think he would change and 12 year old's aren't babies, he knew what he was doing. Some people develop a thirst for things like this and he hasn't shown an ounce of remorse so I'm inclined to not trust rehabilitation in his case.

I would say that's different though. At the age of 21 he'd of had external influence. The likely hood is he'd of been through the care system, had at east a few positive influences in his life, even if it had been a prison guard as he'd probably of been in jail by this point.

Where as if you read about this boy, he was taken out of one abusive home and sent to live with a relative, where he was possibly sexually assaulted and definitely beaten daily. He then went from there to living back with his abusive step father and a failure of a mother. His social worker declared him a lost cause at the age of 9 and pretty much declared that there was no point in even visiting him. He's never known anything else.

IMO it's like a feral child, Oxana something was about 8 when she was found, she'd been raised by dogs, and although had contact with a few humans she had all the characteristics of a dog. She sniffed, squatted to urinate and ate raw meat.

How do you learn 'good' behaviour when literally NO ONE in his life had been there to teach him it.

I think he needs taken into protective care, somwehere where people will put in the effort to teach him what is social norm and socially acceptable. At the age of 12 it's not too late for him. I think throwing him into prison will just fuel him.

It's just a really horrible sad story. The kid never stood a chance! I don't think he should be treated as an adult but he obviously needs serious help

eh you can't be tried as a 12 year old in germany, minimum age is 14 years and you surely cant be tried as an adult either (until 18)(but you can be tried as a youth until 21 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->