aby born at 35 weeks

xxClaire_24xx

mum of 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
hi was wondering if anyone could give me some advice

our baby girl Ellie was born on 6th Nov at 35 weeks weighing 4lbs 3oz was breathing on her own, she is in an incubator and was on a drip and antibiotics til tonight she is on 24ml of milk every 2 hours and feeding from the teat twice daily, they are hoping to move her to a water cot tomorrow and get her used to the teat feeding

has anyone had a similar experiance and if so how long was your baby in special care xx

Congratulations on your baby girl!

It's difficult to say when she will go home. THey say to aim for the due date but if feeding, body temperature regulation and weight gain are established then you could get her home before that.

My son was born a day short of 35 weeks but came home on his due date, our delay was due to weight issues (he was 2lb 11 and a half when born), if that wasn't an issue he could have been home within 2-3 weeks.

thanks yeah Ellies weight was eally good considering they thought she was going to be a little under 3lbs so she surprised us with her weight xx

Hi there, congratulations on the arrival of Ellie! She sounds like she is doing really well.

Chloe was born at 34+6 and weighed 6lb 5oz, little chunk!

She was on CPAP for 2 days as her arrival was very sudden and they did not know why she went in to distress (which is the reason she was born early) so they kept her on CPAP in case she had an infection so she did not have to work so hard to fight it. She was also on antibiotics and a feeding tube until the day before she came home. Although I was desperate to get her home I feel like we were rushed out of SCBU as I was breast feeding and it wasn't properly established before we left. It sounds like they are taking much more time getting Ellie's feeding right which is excellent.

In the end Chloe was in Special care for 8 days and came out when she was 36 weeks gestation.

I hope you get to bering your little girl home soon xx

Congratulations. My son was born at 33+5 weighing 5lb 1oz. He was on CPAP for a few days and also had to have an antibiotic drip and treatment for jaundice. He was in SCBU for just under 3 weeks. I hope you get her home soon. x

well ellie got out the incubator today and into an open cot!!! never expected that for a few weeks yet also she is free of all her drips and on 3 hourly feed so doing ok I think xx

That's great news! It's great to see then in an open cot and dressed in clothes isn't it!

yeah she feels like our baby now although I was getting used to the incubator and never seen it if that makes sense xx

I had 2 at 35 weeks both were in NICU about a week, the main problem was severe jaundice. They were big at 6lb 10oz and 6lb 1oz. I had my youngest at 33+3 she was in NICU for 10 days:flower:

That's great that she has moved into a cot. Definitely means she is on the way out. Hopefully it wont be much longer now. x

its just her feeds that need to go up I just want her home xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->