Accidents (Rant)

kyrabeth

Married & TTC#1
Reaction score
Does anyone else wonder how people manage to have accidents and get pregnant. I've only been trying for a few months but finding it really frustrating knowing i'm checking everything, temping, peeing on sticks and getting no where yet there are people that have sex once and get pregnant.

I've TTC before and know its going to consume my life until I give up like last time (Well I had a break down, not just about TTC but loads of things seemed out of my control). Im a massive control freak and hate that I can't do anything more about this :cry:

Am I alone?

No you are not. I also find it hard to believe that there are so many "accidents". Especially with people who say they are using their birth control properly. There is no way that that many people "accidently" get pregnant using birth control properly. I understand that IT CAN happen with the pill, but I would say that 9 out of 10 people were not using it properly like they say they were. I just think they are lying. It kills me that I was on the pill for over 13 years and now that I am off it (over a year and a half later), I still can't get pregnant! All of the money I could have saved!!!

Does anyone else wonder how people manage to have accidents and get pregnant. I've only been trying for a few months but finding it really frustrating knowing i'm checking everything, temping, peeing on sticks and getting no where yet there are people that have sex once and get pregnant.

I've TTC before and know its going to consume my life until I give up like last time (Well I had a break down, not just about TTC but loads of things seemed out of my control). Im a massive control freak and hate that I can't do anything more about this :cry:

Am I alone?

I absolutely second this! Big hugs :hugs:

my son wasn't an accident but was a surprise as I honestly wasn't trying at that point

after over 4 years of unprotected sex with my ex-fiance and ex boyfriend (at different times obviously lol suppose I was lucky really though, I was still very young and the relationships where kind of car crash relationships) I never once had even a glimmer of pregnancy so didn't think massively of it so me and OH didn't use anything a he knocked me up literally the first time we did it

we where very strict on BC for 3 years after my son, stopped and kind of expected the same as before but 15/16 months later still nothing

thing really seem to happen when you dont think about it but its near impossible to forget about something you desperately want :cry:

Honestly being too over the top usually auses the stress that prevents pregnancy from happening

my son wasn't an accident but was a surprise as I honestly wasn't trying at that point

after over 4 years of unprotected sex with my ex-fiance and ex boyfriend (at different times obviously lol suppose I was lucky really though, I was still very young and the relationships where kind of car crash relationships) I never once had even a glimmer of pregnancy so didn't think massively of it so me and OH didn't use anything a he knocked me up literally the first time we did it

we where very strict on BC for 3 years after my son, stopped and kind of expected the same as before but 15/16 months later still nothing

thing really seem to happen when you dont think about it but its near impossible to forget about something you desperately want :cry:

Same here! My first (my son) was not planned, but my boyfriend (now husband) and I were not being very careful (obviously!). My second (daughter) was planned, and we conceived her right off, first time trying. Now this pregnancy is being a bit of a bugger, for a few reasons (i.e. recent vasectomy reversal, just finished nursing my daughter, CRUEL IRONY!)

I agree with everyone: The more you want it, the harder it seems to be. Again, cruel irony!

I know!!
My husband and I previously ttc for a year, but then we stopped because i had a breakdown too! (Not just from ttc, but from everything - like you). But I am very glad we stopped, because I am in a much better frame of mind now.
We started trying again last month, and I couldn't believe it when I got a BFP! I ended up doing 6 FRER tests (all Positive)... but then I started spotting, and it turned out to be a chemical :(
It was like a GIANT kick up the butt, a big reminder of how much of an emotional whirlwind ttc is...

But we just have to make sure to cry it out, not bottle everything up inside of us and to try to stay positive!

Seeing "accidents" all around us COMPLETELY SUCKS. We just have to TRY and stay positive. It's all we can do.
Good luck x

The more you want the harder it is... Just life! LittleLala, I'm sorry! :hugs:

I can see how they do happen, my first we planned her but it was avery off the cuff decision, we kind of said shall we try and see what happens, I stopped taking the pill, I wasn't very good at it anyway, and a month later i'm pregnant. No temping no opk's nothing.

This time, a concious decison, and discussion about finances, time of life good place in the career etc to have an addition, was had. Have been semi actively trying (as in have a rough idea when I ovulated and when to test ) for 2 months and nothing!

It's luck of the draw, frame of mind and timing. I read each month you only have a 1 in 4 chance of conceiving, so the odds aren't fantastic to start. Try not to stress about it as it can affect libido and hinder chances too. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->