Accupunture in labour

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Had a meeting with the midwife this morning and she said the hospital supports and offers accupunture during labour.

I've found it really helpful previously for my endometriosis and wondered if anyone had experience of it during labour. I can understand that it would work but at the same time I'm not sure if I'd be so appreciative of having needles stuck into me during contractions!

im sure theyd stick them in, in between contractions ;-) i have no idea how it would work but i wish my local hospital offered things like this

I've found it really helpful previously for my endometriosis and wondered if anyone had experience of it during labour. I can understand that it would work but at the same time I'm not sure if I'd be so appreciative of having needles stuck into me during contractions!

Hahaha! I've been wondering the same thing - I can see myself shouting obscenities to my acupuncturist if she sticks needles at the wrong moment!

im sure theyd stick them in, in between contractions ;-) i have no idea how it would work but i wish my local hospital offered things like this

I've actually been really pleasantly surprised so far by the whole attitude towards childbirth in France. I had heard so many horror stories (on English forums) about it and so far I much prefer the French system.

Saying that I think it changes hugely from area to area because I also read in a maternity magazine lovely comments about how only hippies bf and there's no need to, co-sleeping is apparently a fad from the US and should be discouraged as you can't have sex...!! :growlmad:

I've actually been really pleasantly surprised so far by the whole attitude towards childbirth in France. I had heard so many horror stories (on English forums) about it and so far I much prefer the French system.

Saying that I think it changes hugely from area to area because I also read in a maternity magazine lovely comments about how only hippies bf and there's no need to, co-sleeping is apparently a fad from the US and should be discouraged as you can't have sex...!! :growlmad:

lol... well, this LO is going to be living proof that you can have sex while co-sleeping! Our DS still co-sleeps, is very happy and is completely oblivious when he's sleeping. Its all about timing! :winkwink:

there is alot about the french system i really like :thumbup:

Yup, changes from area to area. Glad you have found a great area.

As for the accupuncture, I can't imagine you wanting it when you are further on in labour but the the early active labour, it might be good. Either way, it is on offer so you know you can have it if you choose to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->