Achieved our goal

Leanna5813

Reaction score
On May 8th my son and I made it to 1 year exclusively breastfeeding! He is still nursing in the morning, and sometimes throughout the day. I nurse when he is asks, and offer sometimes at nap time. I am just wondering how often other 1 years old are nursing each day as I'm trying to figure out if he is showing signs of being ready to wean. For a while I was sure he was, he didn't show much interest for about a month but it seems since his 1st birthday he has been more enthusiastic. He also drinks from a sippy cup, which he has access to all day long. I'm not looking to increase his nursing sessions, just wondering if 1-3 times a day plus the sippy cup is normal or if it sounds like he is getting ready to wean. I'm not ready but don't want to be shocked by lack of knowledge on the signs when the day comes that he is ready.

Congrats on 1 year :)

I think the question is: Are YOU ready for him to wean?

He will naturally wean on his own - try the "don't ask, but don't refuse" rule.

If he asks to nurse, let him. If he doesn't ask, don't offer. It will come naturally.

Congrats on 1 year :)

I think the question is: Are YOU ready for him to wean?

He will naturally wean on his own - try the "don't ask, but don't refuse" rule.

If he asks to nurse, let him. If he doesn't ask, don't offer. It will come naturally.

^^ This :D

When DS1 was around 1 year, he was nursing at least 2-4 times/day, depending on if he was at daycare or at home. He had his morning feed, night feed, and sometimes a feed around naps. I continued pumping for him until around 14 months, when he was down to just morning and night feeds. We stopped at 17 months, when I was gone for a week and returned to a disinterested little guy. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->