Acne when TTC?

SoccerLove

Reaction score
Hello! I am new to the forums. My husband and I have been Waiting to TTC for about 6 months now, and we are about to take the leap to TTC in the new year, 2014! I have been on the pill (ortho-tri-cyclen lo) for 8 years, and I will need to stop next month. I have read many stories online about women breaking out with pimples after stopping the pill. I do get pimples while on the pill, so I imagine this will only get worse once I stop taking it. Does anyone have any experience with this and can provide any tips for coping?

I came on bc and my face is breaking out SO BAD. I hate it. I got the new proactiv plus and I'm trying that. I also switched to bare minerals makeup to hopefully not clog my pores as bad

Yep my skin has been terrible since going off the pill. But I also recently found out I had PCOS and acne is a symptom of PCOS. Taking BC helps with that so that's probably why I always had clear skin before.

Yeh my chin and my back and shoulders have turned into pimple city! But I came of pill like 6 months ago and started TTC last month and the pimples started then! Wierd be I...

Same here! The first month off of BC (not even pills, I was on the implant. But apparently it helped my acne) my skin broke out horribly.

If nothing else I think a lot of that just comes from adjusting to your own hormones again. I can say that I am currently on month #3 off BC and my skin is much better than month #1!

Same here! The first month off of BC (not even pills, I was on the implant. But apparently it helped my acne) my skin broke out horribly.

If nothing else I think a lot of that just comes from adjusting to your own hormones again. I can say that I am currently on month #3 off BC and my skin is much better than month #1!

Well that's good :) mine just gets worse per month but then I had chicken pox last month so prob doesn't help :p

I've always had problematic skin. I came off of ortho tc lo with no additional issues. I started vitex right away so not sure if that helped. Check out acne.org. I think the guys name is Dan and he has a good regime with reasonable products!

i got spots after stopping pill for a few weeks, then settled and back to normal! :)

I was on Ortho-Tri-Cylclen back in late 2005. I had stopped the pill when I met my DH. I was hmmm, turning 20 that year. I remember my acne had flared up so bad! it was horrible. Then my body kind of fixed itself and my acne went back to what it normally was, and then I got pregnant 13 months later with my son, all through my pregnancy I had bad acne as well, it was all over my face, back, shoulders, even my buttcheeks :laugh2: I got to the point where I was washing my body with the nutrogena bar..:laugh2: dried out my skin horribly, but was helping with the pimples!

I am hoping my body can adjust. I do have an Rx from the doctor that is safe for using when TTC, but it is considered a "B" drug for pregnancy, so I do not want to use it during the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->