Acne!

ImSoTired

mommy to 2 girls
Reaction score
I've been having AWFUL acne since coming off of bc. I feel disgusting sometimes. My dermatologist has stopped helping me because he know I am actively ttc and he says that the only products that he thinks will work are unsafe for pregnancy and he will not prescribe them to me. I have literally tried everything! Does anyone have any products that work well in this sort of situation?

PS I'm poor so it can't be too expensive!

I would try to find something that uses benzoyl peroxide because it works really well and is supposed to be okay with pregnancy.
However, you must stay away from salicylic acids.

When you go to the doctor to confirm your pregnancy, you should let him know what you are using and how often and he should give you instructions for there.
Although if you are dealing with acne right now, it should go away with pregnancy. :flower:

I would try to find something that uses benzoyl peroxide because it works really well and is supposed to be okay with pregnancy.
However, you must stay away from salicylic acids.

When you go to the doctor to confirm your pregnancy, you should let him know what you are using and how often and he should give you instructions for there.
Although if you are dealing with acne right now, it should go away with pregnancy. :flower:

I really hope it does go away with pregnancy! It's so annoying! The past week there has been way less swelling and redness though so I think it's dying down a lot. I thought benzoyl peroxide was just as bed during pregnancy? Either way I will definately stop when I find out I'm pregnant and switch to a safer alternative.

Manuka honey soup. The honey is meant to be good for bad skin :flower:

I think Holland & Barret do it :thumbup:

I think burts bees also do their own stuff.

I've been trying honey masks. Though you need to make sure it's pure honey. Basically just put it on your face and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Though I haven't been doing it regularly because I forget but I've read that it has worked very well for just about everyone who has tried it.

Burts Bees has some natural face wash that I'm wanting to try once I get money.

Thanks for the suggestions girls. I think my acne has died down a bit but it still looks bad. I'm trying everything!

Thanks, YoungOptomist! I have been trying benzoyl peroxide for a while now and not much yet. I think it's a hormonal stage my body is going through or something. My acne wasn't even this bad as a teen but I think a mixture of stress and stopping bcp has done this to me. Hoping I get over it soon. It looks pretty bad. I'm trying to be positive about it though.

Look at your diet. You really are what you eat.

I've been on a diet for a month now and there hasn't been much change. I eat a lot more fruits and veggies and a lot less grease and sugar. I've been watching calories and fat. I have been drinking water day after day for months now and NEVER soda. I've even cut out coffee the past 2 or 3 months. I doubt it is my diet. When I was younger and I would have a small break out I used to just hike up my water intake and that would take care of it in a few days. Not anymore.

Diet won't really affect true acne. I suffer with acne and it got really bad when I first got pregnant. Ask your GP for Zineryt lotion. It's a topical lotion that contains Erythromycin (an antibiotic safe to use in pregnancy) and Zinc but it does take a few months to start working. It smells horrible but worth it if your acne is bad.

ETA: Just noticed you're in the US so not sure if you can get it but it's worth asking.

Hmm. Interesting. I have a moisturizer that is organic , I bought from the health food store, that is tea tree oil and antiseptic. I feel like my acne is much lighter and smaller and not as inflamed or bumpy. The new blemishes are also quick to go. It's just taking so long for them to heal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->