Activities and groups with smaller children?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just signed my eldest up for a taster session tonight doing gymnastics. It's for 4-7yo and I think he'll love it - if nothing else it'll get him a bit more co-ordinated lol

But, I'm doing this single-handed. The organiser seems nice and understanding that I have these 2 littlies to look after. I don't have the option of leaving them with anyone, and I have said that we may not be able to agree to continuing (tonight's a freebie) as until April I'll not have that option at all.

However, does anyone else do this type of thing? Do you take younger ones along to older ones activities? Just wondering if you have any tips?

Thanks

When my son did them, there was a viewing area overhead with toys. So, my daughter played and I could watch and hear my son.

Is it one where you have to stay?? I've sat in the car before (right outside the door) with the little two playing and stuck my head in the door every now and again, this was at the start of Irish dancing, now I just drop her off and pick her up.

When they do swimming with school I had no choice but to take the other two, luckily there was a room where we all watched them, but there were other mums in the same situation, Emma found a playmate and they will be in the same year at school xx

There was a toybox for the spectators to make use of but my 19mo has a very short attention span. We were not seperated off either so he kept invading the pitch as he wanted to jump around like they all were :wacko:

However, Earl LOVED it! Seriously, I've never seen him get that involved lol. I am not expected to be involved but I am expected to stay if that makes sense. They weren't in their usual venue though (had to quickly borrow the village hall accross the road as there was a problem at the gym they normally use, so I'll be going back next week and we'll play it by ear I think. I'd hate for him to miss out, and seeing as he did so well, it's a definite. I guess I'll just have to up the ante with entertaining middle child lol.

I take Lizzy with me when I bring Roxy to things, it's hard at times because she doesn't have a long attention span either and just wants to go follow her sister. I've learned to bring lots of snacks, crayons, little toys, etc. to keep her busy with. The other parents there all understand and no one seems to mind.

When we go to dance class there's a room for the parents to wait in and there are toys there so she's generally not too bad but still can be a little tyrant at times. Soccer at the park this past summer was really easy, lots of things to do there, but I still had to keep her constantly distracted or else she'd just want to go back to her sister and play with the extra soccer balls, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->