Acupuncture - Anyone else tried? I started today!

Flipperty

Reaction score
After pouring my heart out to a sister last week and crying my eyes out :cry: talking about how down I felt TTC and nothing happening after all this time She got back to me a couple of days later with the suggestion of acupuncture - she'd heard it's got a really good success rate - higher than IVF!

So after a little research, today my hubby and I went to see someone and ended up starting a course tonight!

I was SO apprehensive and nervous, but I didn't need to be, they were lovely, lovely people, they talked to us at the beginning and I had a 'tester' acupuncture session to see how I felt.

My hubby was allowed to come in with me, it was a lovely calm, relaxing room, the lady was so gentle and quiet, and it didn't hurt at all, I was almost asleep at one point - this never happens with me I am not good at relaxing but this hit the spot!

I have been on Clomid and Metformin - ( mentioned in my other thread) was under a NHS doctor but feel we have been really messed around and let down by them :growlmad: All they just say, other than I have to loose weight, is that we have unexplained infertility. :shrug:

They mentioned temp checking too - so I went to Boots and bought a kit, not looked at it yet ( maybe that's another thread? ) Never tepm checked before so this is new to me and I have no real clue what I am doing lol! .

They also gave me some herbal tablets, but I don't start them yet.

I feel really hopeful and positive and I'm keeping an open mind but my fingers tightly crossed for us that we may get our little bundle of love. :flower:

I have been doing acupuncture for 2 months now and believe it has helped improve my FSH levels. I've also noticed that I sleep better at night and feel an overall calmness.

No BFP yet - but hoping so soon! IVF planned for February 2012 so by then I'll have 4 months of treatments under my belt.

Good luck and I hope it helps relax you and get that BFP!!

I started acupuncture in Jan 2010 following a second m/c and I conceived my son that March. I put it down to the acupuncture. We have just started trying for our second and plan to start acupuncture again after Christmas. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

After my second mc I started accup. I conceived the next month.....and now have a 18 month old son!! I had another mc in July this year and the first port of call for me was my acupuncture chap!!! I'm hoping for a BFP soon!! I'm a big believer.

I started acupunture in October:thumbup: I sleep better at night and am much calmer. Not sure if its helping anything else yet but I'm thinking positive:happydance::happydance:

I have been doing acupuncture for 2 months now and believe it has helped improve my FSH levels. I've also noticed that I sleep better at night and feel an overall calmness.

No BFP yet - but hoping so soon! IVF planned for February 2012 so by then I'll have 4 months of treatments under my belt.

Good luck and I hope it helps relax you and get that BFP!!

thanks for your reply, it's good to read :flower:

Best of luck for you too and with the IVF :hugs: xx

I started acupuncture in Jan 2010 following a second m/c and I conceived my son that March. I put it down to the acupuncture. We have just started trying for our second and plan to start acupuncture again after Christmas. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

So sorry to hear about your m/c :hugs: Wow that is a positive with the acupuncture though fingers crossed it will work for me too xx

After my second mc I started accup. I conceived the next month.....and now have a 18 month old son!! I had another mc in July this year and the first port of call for me was my acupuncture chap!!! I'm hoping for a BFP soon!! I'm a big believer.

Hiya beachlover, thanks for your reply :flower:

Sorry about your m/c's :hugs: but huge congrats on your son and best of luck for your next BFP :hugs::flower: xxx

I started acupunture in October:thumbup: I sleep better at night and am much calmer. Not sure if its helping anything else yet but I'm thinking positive:happydance::happydance:

Hiya Crystal

Positive vibes coming your way too :hugs:

To all who have acupuncture, do you go weekly and how long have they advised you keep going for? :thumbup:

I go weekly. My acupuncturist specializes in women's health and fertility, so she has me on a consistent program of acupuncture, Chinese herbs, massage therapy, and she had me work with a naturapath to prescribe a supplement/drug regimen based on my lab results and symptoms.

I am doing acu and herbs acu every other week now. IT really has helped me feel better. The herbs made O earlier this month ( i have been taking them six wks or so). some times she gets the needles place better then others so i get more benefit.

Thanks so much for your replies :flower:

I am going weekly, I go again on Wednesday and I am really looking forward to it.

They told me to temp chart - which I have but I am mid cycle, and to start taking some tablets during the start of my cycle.

Out of interest what tablets / Chinese medication are you taking? :flower:

:hugs: to you both hope this works for us all :thumbup:

I go every other week :) I don't take the chinese herbs..I do take prenatals, folic acid, B12, zinc, iron, CoQ10 and DHEA :)

I haven't tried it, but it is such a wonderful idea. I wish I had thought of that sooner. I will talk to my doctor about that.

I am taking an herb called heavenly waters. You can googleit. It has herbs for moving qi and helping with teh inflammatory response in the body which is what prevents pg (they think) in some women with endometriosis . The immune cells kill off sperm or potential embroyos before they implant.

I think i should give up caffenine wine and sugar to get results faster but haven't

I have had my 2nd session tonight and again I found it wonderful, so relaxing and I was almost asleep, hubby comes in with me and was going to read, but forgot a book - instead he played a game on his phone - all I could here was the beeping and him shouting "yay, get in" and " Whoo hoo, next level" ha ha ha :haha:

They were going to start me on some powder/herbs, but as I am right on my time for being due to have my period they said to hold off and just see what happens, if I do start my period Obviously I am hoping that won't be the case... but....if it does come then I have some herbs to take for 5 days from my start date and the other powders can follow when I go to next session, (should have started my period by then)

I think it is quite expensive with powders to buy too but it really is a lovely experience too, and it's all working in the right direction really.... trying to achieve a very much wanted goal.

Being told 'unexplained infertility' this at least makes me feel like I am doing something. :thumbup:

Pinksunshire I highly recommend it :thumbup:

crystal, I only take folic acid... wonder if I shold take some of the others you do?

Nikki, if you don't mind sharing ( happy to talk via pm ) it'd be interesting to know what herbs you are on - not sure what she will suggest next week? Do you speak to you NHS GP about it? I go see my GP tomorrow and I will tell her I have started.

Thanks again guys - love and hugs xxx

It's great to see so many positive responses! :thumbup: My first appointment is next week and I can't wait. :)

Good luck to you, Flipperty! :flower:

:hugs:
It's great to see so many positive responses! :thumbup: My first appointment is next week and I can't wait. :)

Good luck to you, Flipperty! :flower:

I agree, :thumbup: this has really given me a boost after being treated so badly through the hospital and getting me feeling so low ... :shrug:

Please keep us updated with your sessions pink or blue - will be good to hear how you find it. :hugs:

When do you start? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->