Acupunture to induce labor

Discussion in 'Home & Natural Birthing' started by Xuxa, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Xuxa

Xuxa 3 princesses and a bun

Hello girls,

Anyone here has tried or knows someone who has tried acupuncture to induce labor?

I was really hoping that it would happen naturally but i got given a cut off time...if baby Crystal doesn't come before monday i'll be induced :( so today i went for my first acupuncture session...i'm really hoping it will work:flower:

xxx

2. vikirose

vikirose Mum of 3 expecting #4

Ooh..Just saw this and I want to know too? I'm not quite desperate yet coz I'm only just 38 wks but I'd be interested if it got close to xmas and I've not gone! x

3. sophxx

sophxx Well-Known Member

I had it but I'd used acupuncture all my pregnancy I went into labour two days after my last induction acupuncture x

4. Xuxa

Xuxa 3 princesses and a bun

Just a quick update - i did go into labour after my 3rd session. i really think it helped because while i was having my 3rd session we got my contractions to come every 10min. they slowed down after i left but not even 24hrs later my baby was born.

my dr was ready to make me accept the c section on monday but my little girl came the saturday before :)