ADHD: if you know a child with it, did they eat alot from the start?

21Rach

Mum & TTC
Reaction score
Hiya, his dad has adhd, but i do understand this could just be him, and im not trying to self diagnose it's just curiosity as to whether my opinion will be he could develop it or not. I know it's wayy to early days to know. Just i recognise similarities between him & his dad, ie... needing 6/7 hours sleep instead of up the average of 12 for child of his age, he has same health issues as his dad, and he now has same appetite as his dad, two full meals, a lot of milk, a lot of juice, and 2/3 full yogurts a day (he is on 91st centile for height, and just over 25th centile for weight so long and thin) he is slowly putting on weight and is classed as still under average weight x

Woah, I thought you meant a toddler until I saw your ticker!

That is a lot of food for a 5 month old, although I wouldn't worry about the weight/height thing. Did the HV say anything about his eating?

hi ya i have a son with severe adhd and believe me he is nothing like his father in and shape or form x but that could be just my child x

adhd is known for bieng found in the mothers side rather than the fathers but this isnt always the case i dont think you will really know until he is about 4 ish every child is differant x we didnt notice anything in my son till he was 5 and started school x

i noticed my daughter was different when she was 8 weeks, she would sleep through the night 10 hours ( was sleeping 8 hours at birth) but notthing during the day, she is and has always been a big eater but hubby has a fast metabloisum. she is 8 now sleeps 6 hours a night and its not a resful sleep she tosses and turns and kicks constantly. she is very tall for her age but weighs only 20kg she is in a size 10 for height but everything has to be taylored to fit her waist. another sign of adhd is that the kids are atualy very smart.

My son had ADHD secondary to his autism, and he has always been a voracious eater. Don't know if it's related or not. He also does not sleep as long as other kids and never has. Keep an eye on it. Usually with a family history the doctors will be on the lookout for symptoms as he gets older.

Adanma

Thanks so much for your helpful replies girls, that's been exactly the kind of info i needed xx

I would get a professional opinion before getting yourself worried over nothing. By your ticker I am guess your son is only 6mths old. My son ate like CRAZY as a baby...he is perfectly fine. Plus, he is WAY to young to be diagnosed for ADHD. I think there is nothing wrong with keeping your eyes open for symptoms...but, the two you have mentioned can be found in ANY baby....ADHD or not. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->