Adhd

Groovychick

Reaction score
I am wondering if my little boy has ADHD. He has always been extremely energetic and struggles to sit still for any extended period. He has recently started to show signs of frustration through aggression.

Can anyone advise the process involved in diagnosis please? I am based in the U. K.

I am wondering if my little boy has ADHD. He has always been extremely energetic and struggles to sit still for any extended period. He has recently started to show signs of frustration through aggression.

Can anyone advise the process involved in diagnosis please? I am based in the U. K.

Hugs! Diagnosis for anything can be a struggle. I don't have anything specific to help you with in regards to getting assessed as I'm USA based. Here it is a two pronged thing where the public school system does an assessment, but if you want to be medically diagnosed you need to go through a private doctor, which can take a long time from a wait list point of view, and be rather pricey. At least that was my experience with an ASD assessment. Good luck, and I hope it's easier over in the U.K.

Hi. I hear you. We have been trying to get healthcare professionals to listen to us since our LO was 3. We were told we needed to wait until he was in mainstream school. We went back again in January after he had started school in September and finally got a referral to CAMHS. But our first proper appointment with them isn’t til this November! So a very very slow process. We have had meetings with SENCO at school about his behaviour there and I’m keeping a diary to present when we go to CAMHS in November. I’d recommend speaking to the school and your gp and asking for referrals x

So... I went to the G.P this morning and he asked me some more questions about his behaviour. He said he would make a referral to the CAMHS but that it was very unlikely he would be seen because he wasn't 'severe' enough. I feel totally lost now. I could go private but it would cost me a small fortune. :(

:hugs:. Is he at school yet? If the SENCO refers him it might get the ball rolling better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->