Adjusting pets to a new baby

my kitty Dinky is so spoiled! She really was like my little baby to me,I eman she still is but now an actual baby is coming so I really don't know how she's gonna react.It's like bringing a sibling to a very spoiled child!

I'm not doind anything to prepare her though,I meant she's a cat they're stupid,what can I really do?

I'll have to be very careful when the baby is born because I once was given a hamster and Dinky grabed him and chewed him.Twice.Both times he lived but he died pretty quickly,must be from shock.Rest in peace.

:rofl:

Sorry, that really isn't funny at all, but the way you put it was

Yeah,you just laugh at tragic moments of my life....:grr:

Kidding,I didn't even like the hamster,he was so boring..I mean he didn't deserve to die of course,it's not his fault he is boring...but hey,what can you do?:shrug:

Yeah,you just laugh at tragic moments of my life....:grr:

Kidding,I didn't even like the hamster,he was so boring..I mean he didn't deserve to die of course,it's not his fault he is boring...but hey,what can you do?:shrug:

I have two 3yr old English Cockers and while I wont be doing anything specific to 'prepare' them, I do worry about one thing. Moog (the bitch) is very.....vocal shall we say......Merv is deaf and rarely barks unless he sees Moog barking. She is quite higly strung and very excitable and barks at the slightest thing. I just hope baby is already getting used to her incessant noise!!!

We have 3 dogs. One is very very old now. All she'll do is sneeze all over the baby. (She's a pug.) the other 2 I'm a bit concerned about. The one is extremely jealous. Now they say dogs can't be jealous it's a human emotion. I find that ridiculous. This dog is horrible. She's in love with my husband though and she hates children. (we had horrible children by our last house they'd come and throw stones at her through the gate while we were at work)
Then the big one. She used to be fine then a dog got in from next door and got into a fight with her. Since then I dont trust her at all. She's been very short tempered. Luckily she's not shown it towards people yet.

DH doesn't think there'll be an issue. We'll introduce them as soon as possible and see how it goes from there. I think as long as they're not neglected they'll be fine.

I have two 3yr old English Cockers and while I wont be doing anything specific to 'prepare' them, I do worry about one thing. Moog (the bitch) is very.....vocal shall we say......Merv is deaf and rarely barks unless he sees Moog barking. She is quite higly strung and very excitable and barks at the slightest thing. I just hope baby is already getting used to her incessant noise!!!

Well,if she doesn't,babys look pretty damn cute with ear muffs! The pink and fluffy ones!

I had to make the very hard decision to give my cat away. Luckily it was only to my mum otherwise I dont think I could have done it.

My boyf is not really a cat person (although he would never have asked me to get rid of Darcy) and Darcy never really settled into the new house. He had been spraying around the house and I think was missing my mums cat from when we moved there inbetween selling and buying.

Darcy was very clingy to me and wouldnt really go to anyone else. He also suffered from petting anxiety and would bite or scrath eaily. I just decided I couldnt cope with all of that and a new baby.

Im not saying you will have to do the same Rae but just keep and eye on it and see how the cat goes. Fingers crossed for you!

Cats can sense that your pregnant, so I think it will adjust too being around a baby once he/she's here. :)

Cats can sense that your pregnant, so I think it will adjust too being around a baby once he/she's here. :)

i agree with this. when my scampi was alive (rest in peace scampers - i miss you so) he was sooooo careful around my belly when wanting to sit on my lap. prior to being pregnant he used to just drop himself on my belly but suddenly he started sitting on my legs or just next to me - even at the very early stages of pregnancy. i think he knew a little bean was in there and didn't want to cause any harm......

i wish scampers was still here as he would have been fab around the baby. such a loving and gentle cat.

you shouldn't worry about your cats - they won't harm your babies.

Christine
XXX

haha Mickey was laying on my bed and I just played a baby crying on youtube to see what he would do...he ran for the hills.

I'm not sure my kitties are aware that I am pg. My one spoiled little girl loves laying on my chest and tummy, and hasn't stopped doing that so far. I can't wait to see her reaction when she is laying on my tummy and the baby kicks!! :rofl:

I got Tom from a rescue centre last November and he really has been my baby since then. He was really ill treated before I got him, and when he was in the rescue centre he just used to sit in his cage and wouldn't get up for anybody to make a fuss of him. The woman at the centre was so surprised when I went there and he got up and paraded round his cage, and let me make a big fuss of him, as she had never seen him do that for anyone else. I kind of felt like he had picked me as an owner, so I took him home that very afternoon.
He is really clingy to me, and I admit that I have spoiled him a bit, but I just felt so sorry that he had had such a terrible life before.
Lately he seems to have got more clingy than ever, and I'm sure he can sense that I'm pregnant. I think the hardest thing is going to be stopping him sleeping on his blanket on the end of my bed. I guess I'm gonna have to start weaning him off this habit. But I'm also gonna be moving house before the baby arrives so was thinking that maybe I could do this then, so it's just like one big change instead of loads of little changes.
The vet advised to set up the baby's crib, bouncer etc a few weeks before the birth, and to let the cat sniff around them and get used to them before bubs arrives.
I think Tom will be fine, and I plan to treat him as I would another child, and make sure I still give him plenty of attention and cuddles of his own.
xx

My cat does exactly the same hes about 1 yrs old and when i sit on the bed or on the sofa he runs over and lies on my lap. When i go to the toilet he sits outside the door waiting for me to finish e.t.c xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->