Admitting Defeat!! :(

HopefulMarla

Reaction score
I am 33 weeks, and I have been working 40 hrs a week which is split up by 10hr shifts. So four days a week I am gone from my house for a little over 12 hours. I am finally admitting defeat and switching to part time. Which will be 3 days a weeks instead. I am just so huge, and really not getting good sleep. Plus with back pain and pelvic pain. It's too much being there full time. I am staying through my whole pregnancy, cuz I don't have maternity leave. I just feel disappointed in myself that I only made it 33 weeks until I had to start working 30hrs a week. Feeling a bit like a lazy failure right now!

I think you've done really well to get to 33 weeks doing 12 hour days!
You need to look after yourself if you're tired, and dropping your hours sounds like a great idea :) xx

I feel you! I am working M-F and most of the time its 9 hour days, sometimes more! There is just so much to do before I go on leave :/ I am trying to train someone to cover while I am off. Almost 36 weeks now and the days seem to be getting harder and harder

Yes, you should be very proud yo have made it to 33 weeks! I'm only 29 weeks and I'm starting feel effects! I work m-f 7:30-5:00, but I'll have to work until delivery or Christmas break or I won't have a job after baby.

I was planning on working up until delivery. Gestational Hypertension put a kink in that plan. Been off work now for a week and a half, modified bedrest, and I hate it. But at the same time, I'm glad I'm not working the 10+ hours I worked every day during the week.

I feel you! I am working M-F and most of the time its 9 hour days, sometimes more! There is just so much to do before I go on leave :/ I am trying to train someone to cover while I am off. Almost 36 weeks now and the days seem to be getting harder and harder

I know the feeling. I am training someone also, but there's so much that I do in the clinic forms for rides, for testing, for medication just to name a few. That she doesn't have the medical experience to complete on her own, and on top of knowing how to navigate through the EMR properly. Then the lab system changing. It's a headache. I'm having separation anxiety from the job. Lol. But I'm trying my best to work up until my due date.

Your not lazy nor have u failed. Its so hard being pregnant I work part time and I'm struggling already too. Its as easy as some people make out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->