Adult mmr UPDATE hospital.

H

HellBunny

Has anyone had it? I had my booster on the 29th june as i had low immunity, and since thursday i've felt like death warmed up, i honestly feel like my body is ready to give out on me, i feel like i have a terrible case of the flu. The nurse said i will probably come down with a runny nose and temperature on day 6 but this is nothing like a runny nose! :nope:

I had it after I had Charlie in post natal ward. Luckily I was fine, hope you feel better soon xxx

I had to have my MMR as I had low immunity after LO and I felt like total rubbish afterwards :( It did go after a few days though. If it's no better and you're worried I'd see the GP x

Thankyou both xxx
I feel completely awful :( i'm going to ring my doctors tomorrow as soon as they open, i had no idea i would feel like this at all! I seem to of reacted to it alot worse than when jayden had his at 14 months, all he had was a slight temperature for a day (thank goodness) xx

My LO's didn't react to it either and neither did I when I had it when I was younger but I did when I had it last year. It's not I felt so dead I couldn't hold LO for 2 days :cry: x

:hugs: its awful isn't it! My chest aches aswell, did you have this too? xxx

Personally I would never get it (actually never had the last MMR due in the teen years). I have read if you aren't immune after the childhood series then you aren't going to be and you're taking a risk of all the side effects (and even infecting yourself/ others with the viruses) for no benefit. (Luckily the Rubella immunity test shows I am immune from the one I had at about 4.) I guess either your body takes immunity from the get go or it just never will.

I had mine the day I left the hospital after birth and had a temp and felt a little off but that was all.
My LO had hers at 13 months and it didn't affect her at all!

I had it when I started Uni cos I couldn't remember if I had all my boosters or not. It was right around fresher flu time so wouldn't know if it made me ill or not.

Thanks everyone, well after a hospital stay.. i'm home! :)

Monday i was terrible, i couldn't walk let alone look after my 2 kids so she took them for the afternoon til O/h got home, at 10am i phoned my GP's and requested a home visit, i waited til 3pm and hadn't heard anything, i was just going to ring them when my phone went, i answered it was the nurse at the GP. She was very impatient, i told her my symptoms she told me i was over reacting and to go to bed and rest, i had spots coming out on me, she then told me i'm delerious and imagining it. I was crying and put the phone down her. when O/h got home my temp was sky high and my chest was being crushed.
Mum phoned the out of hours doctors, who rung me at 9pm and i told him my symptoms, he said its nothing to do with my MMR and to relax, go to bed and go to my GP surgery in the morning to request same day appointment, i told him i can't get out of bed, he asked if anyone in the family has a cold, i said no its nothing like a cold. He told me to stop worrying.

10pm my mum phoned to see how i was, she told me shes taking me to hospital, i was too ill i couldn't argue. Off we went.
Immediatley we were seen and i was put in a side room away from everyone, temp was 39.3 and heart rate was 120bpm. They took so much blood from me, i was given an IV of something or another i'm not sure, one was paracetamol and the other was something to kill infection. I stayed in A&E til 3:00am, then was taken to the ward, they considered me contagious so i had my own room :) yay lol.
They did numerous tests and they showed i had been infected with measles and my white blood cell level was 0.2 (which is ridiculously low!!) so i got given an injection to boost my immune system, and was kept on IV drip of antivirals until Wednesday morning 4:00am, when i was given them orally. Also developed chickenpox.. lovely thanks to my beautiful nephew haha. So it was a combination of measles, a crap immune system and chickenpox... they said if i'd of listened to the nurse at my GP's i'd of most likely collapsed and to put it nicely i may of not recovered.. that bitch needs to be sued!! My kids could of been without a mum because of her giving out mishanded advice, and that DR on the phone saying i should relax.. relax?!?!

:hugs: I'm glad your mum took you to the hospital!

Oh my god!!! I'd seriously phone that GP and give her a peace of your mind! Thank god your mum took you to the hospital Honey, glad you're safe x

Wow!

I'm glad your mum took you to hospital and you got proper treatment :hugs:

Oh my!! Glad you're ok hun I'd be making complaints about both the nurse and the doctor!x

That's awful and also why I refuse vaccines. They CAN (and DO) cause the illnesses they are meant to prevent. I would have your baby checked as it's likely she could have caught it from you. Hope you start feeling better soon.

what a bitch! i would really complain about her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->