adult recurring ear infections

xkissyx

Reaction score
hi i was just wondering if anyone on here has recurring ear infections/ glue ear ... i've been suffering with this since i was a baby and got to the point where pain is so extreme now it feels like my jaw is ready to explode!! i'm in agony.... i'm on antibiotics but they don't seem to be working as 3 days in and the pain and infection is still there..... would it be wise to take myself to A+E for stronger meds and do u think i will be able to demand seeing a ENT doctor? or damand interveinous antibiotics?... this is my 7th ear infection of this sort in the past 10 months.....

I suffer from constant ear infections too. My ear canal swells up to the point it completely closes and the pressure is sooo painful. The GP won't refer me to ENT as she doesn't believe it's possible to be more prone to ear infections.

You should definitely try to get stronger meds though. DO you have a spray or drops to use too?

im on locorten-vioform ear drops, and they ease off the pain bit, mine have always been bothering me since i was a little baby.

just keep gettin anti biotics but they not clearing it as good as they used to my OH says it isn't as painfull as i make it out to be but when its really bad i find it hard to resist takin more painkillers
off to see doc in a few days to see if there's anything that can be done it makes me feel so rotten bein this way ..

Ive had ear probelms since i was 2, get yourself refered to an ENT consultant, I go have my ears hoovered out every 3 months to prevent the pressure and wax build up, the presure makes me so dizzy i cant get out of bed some days, so id defo recommend asking your dr about a referral.

Obviously antibiotics arent doing anything, they never did for me, or ear drops.

I use something called gentamicin for my ears which keeps them clean whilst waiting to go have them hoovered out, maybe ask ur ENT or GP about this :) xx

thanks i will defo talk to doctor about a referrel i just can't go with these constant infections anymore .... and will defo talk to him abour the gentamicin xx

I have no advise but wanted to say hope your better soon i have only ever had 1 ear infection and i have honestly never felt anything like it i was in agony for a good week and a bit... i really feel for you x

thanks ladies appoinment in the morning i'll let you know what doc says ..... Amazed which was worse ear infection or childbirth?? my OH says i won't be able to handle childbirth if i can't handle a little ear ache men tut hehe.....

well went to docs today and he gave me a diff type of anti-biotic said to try that and if that doesn't work to go bk for a ref to ENT doctor.... fingers crossed these work

The ENT cannot put tubes in if you do not have a current ear infection. So next time you have an infection go to ENT first (try a different one) and maybe he will put in the tube. The tubes will help drain the fluid from behind your eardrum so the ear infections are not so uncomfortable. The tubes stay in for about a year usually and then they come out on their own. You probably have had two ear infections one five months ago and one that never fully cleared up this month and seemed to keep coming back (may be case now as ear infection is supposedly gone). The tube would help fully clear out all the gunk behind your ear drum and you should be good after that. sometimes antibiotics are not good enough to treat ear infections.

Hi, my name is Mary Biederstadt. I just posted a new page to my blog about problems swallowing, etc... I continue to do this stretch every day, twice a day. I've not had tinnitus in all this time. Also, I haven't had any ear or throat pain. No more tons of ear wax.
Here is a quote "I lay on my back on the floor. Place my hands palm down on each side of my hips. Lift my head ever so slightly to look down towards my feet. You might have to move your head around until you feel the maximum effect. Do not lift your shoulders from the floor. Now, while holding your head up, stick out your chin as if to lift your bottom teeth over your top teeth. At the same time, stretch your bottom lip upwards, as if to touch it to your nose. Hold this for as long as you can. Very soon, I was holding this stretch for one minute.
Warning! This could hurt you! At first, I was able to hold this stretch for mere seconds. At first, it caused all types of discomfort, up to and including nausea. Sometimes this pain would come up behind my eyes, and was almost unbearable. This is not a stretch for sissies! I've done all those sissy neck stretches - for about three months last summer. I was trying to get relief from my thumb pain, and had read it could be caused by scalene muscles entrapment. Those stretches did absolutely nothing for me.
You can do this! Go slowly, carefully, maybe even do it in your bed in the morning. Don't hurt yourself!
Within a week or two, I noticed that I was brushing my tongue without gagging/puking in the sink.
I looked up at myself in the mirror, awestruck. I got out my magnifying mirror and looked at my throat. I could see that the back of my throat had moved backwards. When I opened wide and said "Ahhhhh" it was even more pronounced. Was this possible? Here we go again with the most amazing stuff! Also, the roof of my mouth was arched higher. It didn't look like me in there. All of a sudden, I had so much room, I could rent it out to a family of four!!! I told my sister all about it on the phone. We were cracking up. At that time, I didn't think of the implications.

I can't post the link to my blog yet, but just be careful at first when eating spicy food. It caused me to choke a bit.

Mary

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->