advice about multiple M/C

Ju_bubbs

Proud single Mummy of 5!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting it.. but I didn't know where else to be putting it.

I'm currently having my 3rd early M/C in as many months, each time it starts at 17/18 dpo. I'd be really grateful if any of you girls who have had similar could tell me what, if anything your GP's did about it.. what sort of things they tested for, and if you found any reasons as to why your eggys didn't want to stick!?

I'm really worreid that my doc is just going to say go away and keep trying, and dont test till AF is late, coz obviously thats not solving the problem, its just ignoring it and trying to cover it up...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting it.. but I didn't know where else to be putting it.

I'm currently having my 3rd early M/C in as many months, each time it starts at 17/18 dpo. I'd be really grateful if any of you girls who have had similar could tell me what, if anything your GP's did about it.. what sort of things they tested for, and if you found any reasons as to why your eggys didn't want to stick!?

I'm really worreid that my doc is just going to say go away and keep trying, and dont test till AF is late, coz obviously thats not solving the problem, its just ignoring it and trying to cover it up...

I'm so sorry you've had to go through this so many times! :hugs: The doctors will test you now you have had three (or at least they should) It could be a something to do with the hormones ect not ltting the baby implant..not sure though but make sure you fight for the testing!! :hissy:

Yeah I've read on the net that after 3 they should start looking into things.. but when I went to see my gp last week telling her I was pregnant again, and how I was worried about the same happening a 3rd time... I was hoping she would say something along the lines of if it does happen again come back and we'll look into it, but she didn't.. she just said its a waiting game, good luck!

I'm hoping to overcome my shyness and quietness when I go see her and MAKE her do somehing lol!

Yeah I've read on the net that after 3 they should start looking into things.. but when I went to see my gp last week telling her I was pregnant again, and how I was worried about the same happening a 3rd time... I was hoping she would say something along the lines of if it does happen again come back and we'll look into it, but she didn't.. she just said its a waiting game, good luck!

I'm hoping to overcome my shyness and quietness when I go see her and MAKE her do somehing lol!

I think the NHS are shocking when it comes to pulling their finger out, i think you will have to fight to get some testing...but it will be worth it if they can find out the problem and sort it for you x

They should start investigating after the 3rd, but do be prepared to find out nothing, which in my experience is just as hard as finding out there is something wrong. I had 2 confirmed early mc (I think 3 but never went to Dr with 1), one mmc and one ectopic. I had every test under the sun and they didn't really find anything wrong. The Drs in Switzerland told me that my blocked fallopian tube could have caused early mcs, but the Drs in UK have completely dismissed that idea. I'm now pregnant again and for the first time seen heartbeat since 5+5, the Drs still don't know why I've miscarried in the past and I'm just keeping everything crossed for this one.
Good luck sweetie xx

Hi jububbs,i'm sorry to say they probably wont do anything,they didnt for me and i had 3 chem m/c since jan this year,thye compared it to something and for the life of me cant remember what they said,something to do with couples on treatment and how many times they get an early positive,but aren't preg!
don't be disheartened,you will get there,i have after 10 months of trying,i know its easier said than done,but your bits must be working (iygwim) to be getting any sort of positive,keep at it girl you will get there :hugs:

I'm sorry you are having such a dreadful time:hug:

As the others have said, they should test after 3 m/cs. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to fight for it though. I understand that you feel quiet and shy, expecially at times like this. If its difficult for you to be forceful, you could try talking to your GP, tell her how you are feeling. If she doesn't help, make another appointment in a couple of weeks time and do the same. And again..

Good luck x

Hi

Firstly I am so sorry for your losses. I've had 2 mmc and after the 2nd one went to see my GP for some advice. Luckily she was very supportive and told me that if it happened again, she would send me for testing. They apparently test for antibodies firstly to see if there's a reason for your body rejecting the pregnancy.

I think unfortunately you may have to push for it but don't be put off. You have a right for these tests.

Good luck

:hug:

Hi Ju_Bubbs

I can't add anything to what the girls have already said but I want you to know how sorry I am to hear this.

Oh and really push for the docs to look into it. You will get there. Hx

Hi hon.sorry to hear about your miscarriages..Ive had 3 aswell.As you know they should offer you some tests now but dont be afraid to say you would like the tests done if they dont mention it.My doctor told me it was standard NHS procedure so I guess they have to give you the tests if you want them.Never give up hope though love,I got pregnant again before I could have the tests and went on to a have a perfectly healthy pregnancy.I gave birth to my daughter in July.I hope that my story will convince you not to stop trying.*hugs* let us know how it all goes for you x

Hi Hun first can i say Sorry and give you a :hugs:
They really should be looking into this after 3 miscarraiges and why they are not i dont know i think its because you have had children so they know you can have children ..

What could be stopping your embryo from sticking could be a number of things really

1, Abnormal embryo
2, nk killer cells that attacks the embryo when trying to implant
3, Hormone defiency
4, Womb lining fibroids

They often give ladies who miscarry 75mg of baby asprin and ask them to take them why trying and to take them right through pregnancy This could be the case with you and you may need thesa,

Do you take folic acid hun ? from day 1 of trying to get pregnant
you should take thesa :)

Hope all goes ok and you should tell Gp him/her that you want to be refared to see a miscarraige doctor as soon as possible , remind him/her of how many you have lost ...

:hugs:

Thank you all for your support, and success story!!I'm deffo gunna atleast ask for tests... if she says no, I'm not sure I can do much more?

Angeldust, I read about the baby asprin when I was looking into this last month, and I was taking it this month, along with folic acid.

I'm thinking now maybe low progesterone levels is the problem, since the 3 children I have were all conceived while I was taking the contraceptive pill, and since I've stopped it this happens! I'll mention that to the doctor also!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about this hun:hugs: I don't have any advise as I've only had one chemical. They should definately look into it for you though hun. If you ever need a chat you know where I am:hugs:

I've posted this before - so sorry if you've already seen it. But here is the royal college of obs and gynae guidelines for recurrent miscarriage. Its info meant for patients not doctors....but there wouldnt be any harm in printing some of it out and taking it with you to your docs appt....

https://www.rcog.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=720

good luck x

I have recurrent m/c (no found reason thus far) and I also have infertility (which Clomid helped me get pregnant). I have had many tests, but they were also for infertility. They were blood work, HSG, and well, there are others, but since I have kids already, they were not applicable (genetic tests). I would ask to see and OB/GYN. Sorry for your loss. I just had my third too (Oct 7) :hug:

Billiant idea Loo.. I'll print that off.

Hey Jasmak, without sounding horrible.. im glad you got tests (not that im glad you needed to!) Coz I was worried that because I already have children they would say I dont need any tests as #I can obviously have children.

Hun it could be that your womb lining is not thick enough so it cant bury itself in to stick and the progestrone you was talking about i think that could be a good thing if they could give you somthing like that but first before they will give you treatment they need to look at you and investagate and its not fare that they done seem to be taking this serioucly and doing nothing about it,

I hope you have much better luck next month :)
Do you smoke hun ??

Thanks angeldust, could well be something like that.. each time I've only bled lightly for 2 days with small clots.. so maybe thats because of a thin lning!? I do smoke yeah, I have terrible will power :( Been trying to give up on and off since I first fell pregnant 10 years ago!!!

Thanks angeldust, could well be something like that.. each time I've only bled lightly for 2 days with small clots.. so maybe thats because of a thin lning!? I do smoke yeah, I have terrible will power :( Been trying to give up on and off since I first fell pregnant 10 years ago!!!

Smoking can stop implantation so i have read and been told and i cant imagen it to do any good ,

I also smoke but when get pregnant i stop and i thought about it last week and decided to put a stop to it its been a week now and no smoking
at first i was dieing for one but i used the NIQUITIN CQ nicotine 2mg mint gum
and they do work i only used 4 and have had none since ,
You should try them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"