Advice about number #2

missl1

Reaction score
Hello I am lauren I have a little boy who is 7 and a half months Sunday coming up and I want another baby I want to try when he is around ten months because I want them close together as siblings but I'm scared is it really hard with a baby and a toddler is it to early so unsure I am 20 and wondering is anyone else in this situation

My two are 21 months apart, DD was concieved just adter DS's 1st birthday. It was hard at times but also good, and now it is pretty easy- or at least not much harder than just having 1. DD wasn't a good sleeper, she was up every hour (on a good night :dohh: for the first 9 months so that made it harder to deal with the terrible twos and be as active as DS needed, but we powered through. Now she is 13 months and they love each other so, they play together and I'm so glad they are quite close in age. I'd have liked an 18 month age gap between DD and number 3 as once DS hit 1 months that's when I felt ready for another baby to join us (which is a good thing as I was 6 months pregnant :haha:)- before that he still felt like a baby and I think I'd have struggled. So I'd say that if it feels right for your family then go for it :D

I originally wanted my children close together but we had trouble conceiving. We started when my dd was 9 months old and it took us almost two years to get a bfp. My dd and ds are a little over 3 years apart.

I think there are advantages to both small and larger gaps. In hindsight, I am very happy with my 3 year gap and am planning for another 3 year gap between our #2 and #3. My dd had a very terrible two stage and I don't see how I would have managed with a newborn on top of that--which I could not have foreseen at the time we were TTC. Also, if you work and have to put your children in daycare, it is hell having to pay for two at once, so the longer the gap the less time you have to deal with that. It's also really nice when your older child is old enough to know that a little bro or sis is coming and to share in the excitement. That was the probably the best part of having a 3 year gap for me. Finally, it's also nice to be able to spend more one-on-one time with each child while they are young and to bond with them as individuals.

But really, I don't think you can go wrong whatever gap you end up with. If I had had my way I'm sure I would have made things work and would be very happy with my hoped for 18 month gap too. It seems like it would be really cool for children to have built in playmates right at home. My stepdaughters are close in age and they are so close and I would have loved to have had that for my kids.

You make what ever age gap you've got work for you. I was certain I never wanted a small age gap. I couldn't of coped with 2 under 3's. My 2 will be 4 & 1/2 years apart and whislt it's bigger than I originally wanted I'm happy. I'll get plenty of one on one time with the new baby whilst my boy is at school and he'll be old enough to understand what's going on.
Good luck with what you decide x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->