Advice about very early steroid timing?

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
Hi ladies, was after a bit of advice:flower:

Is it best to get the shots at 24w or risk waiting until 26w?

I'm currently 21w and have active sub chorionic and sub amniotic bleeds and a clot sitting on top of my cervix, aggrivating the situation. Baby looks good as of a few days ago, no signs of iugr yet, actually measuring ahead.

Booked to go in for scan/steroids at 24w4d, all being well, but have the option to defer the shots until 26w. Just wondering what is the most sensible option? :flower: wish I had a crystal ball!!

I would get them at 24 weeks. If something does happen and you go into premlabour or have to deliever for any other reason the longer those steroids have had to work the better. I had non progressive contractions at 23+6 weeks and was given the steroid jabs. It will not do any harm to have them earlier but it could make a massive difference on babies chances of survival and lengths of time spent on ventilator, CPAP if you leave it later and end end up delievery get very early.

I would go for 24 weeks too, they can make a massive difference at that very early gestation, and the lungs will still be helped if baby hangs in there bit longer. If you go a few more weeks it is possible to give a second round of steroids.

Thank you :hugs: Your advice coupled with last nights scarey braxton hick episode has made up my mind! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->