Advice and reassurance.

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Charlotte is 5 months old now, and has been in and out of hospital since she was 12 days old. She is classed as failure to thrive, with milk protein induced enteropathy, recurrent uti's, motor delays, heart problems, hypertonia and now they've mentioned the possibility of cerebral palsy.

Her development was assessed as being 3-4 months behind (so that of a newborns) yet the hypertonia means that assessments are hardly accurate as her muscles are so tight she can stand incredibly well (so some things she's way ahead on and some she's way behind on but still isn't doint age appropriate things) She has very slow responses to grabbing things and hardly any movement in her right arm at all.

I get comments like "she's so tiny, no way she's 5 months old" and "I knew there was something wrong with her from day one, she's just like a newborn. She's not normal" (people actually said these things to me, even health professionals tell me my child is difficult and they're glad they're not me)

I'm so scared for her. For us. The possibility of hypertonic cerebral palsy scare me. The comments people make scare me and hurt me. I'm a single mum and not sure how I'm going to cope. We got out of hospital 3 days ago and I've cried every day since then.

Ugh sorry I'm being a whinger but needed to have a vent.

Hi there. I'm so sorry your going through this. Crying It out is a good outlet but very draining too. I have no experience specifically of what your going through but I am a single mum and my oldest has a language disorder. Carrying all that worry is tough. Especially given your new baby is only 5 months your bound to be worn out. Have they said what her prognosis is? When can they diagnose cp ? My daughter was born early due to iugr and she is still so tiny age 5. I hate those "she's so small" comments. I just agree and smile but inside it pains me. If you need someone to talk to feel free to msg me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->