Advice cloth Nappy

wannabmum

Reaction score
Hi girls, was hoping for some advice, What type of cloth nappy would you recommend for newborn?

xxx

I'm probably not much help, but bought bum genius AIO organics to use. I had my baby 12 days ago, and am currently using disposables as they are a bit big, and she goes through sooo many nappies!

I'm putting her on the potty at change times, and think I'll start her in her BG's next week as she has just hit the 4kg mark, and we're using less nappies with the potty experiment!

I think flat cloth nappies are probably best for newborns, but I never bought pins/snappies, so am just waiting for BG's to fit... Also saving myself some washing as I ended up having c-section so am still a bit sore.

Just read my post back and am shaking my head in shame at the number of excuses I have made for myself!!!:dohh:

The kind where you put the nappy on and then the wrap are best for newborns, because newborns 'explode' with poo, and it can sometimes escape. If you've got 2 separate layers, the second waterproof layer usually catches any escape from the nappy! I like the easypeasy bambeasy newborn, and the lovables bamboo small size for them when they are tiny, and I like the Nature Babies classic wraps, but only the popper ones. The nature Babies velcro wraps don't have a fold back velcro bit, so they snag everything up in the wash!

I'm going to be using muslins, nappy nippas and wraps to start with. I have a few other nappies to try out when LO gets bigger and then we'll buy more when we decide what we like best.

I started mine in BG sized AIOs, Itti Bittis Fuzzi Bunz and Swaddlebees. I then bought some sized WeeNotions and Blueberrys. By then he was over 9 1/2lb so plenty big enouggh for the BTP nappies.
I would reccomend stretchie bamboozles (they need a wrap but will fit any shape) the BG sized AIOs and small WeeNotions sidesnaps....depends what type you want (2 part, AIO or pocket) as to what to go for.

sized is probably best to go for new born so something like an itti bitti or fuzzi bunz or good old shaped traditional shaped nappies if you are brave enough to fold etc. BTP nappies are good and will give you your moenys worth if you use them from an early age, however on newborns they can still be a little chunky.

We should hopefully be starting off with muslins, small bamboo terries and MotherEase/Prorap/Thirsties wraps. Got some Bambino Mios to try too, but figure we can always use the prefolds with a nippa in other wraps or else as stuffing later on if they don't suit! Then we have various BTP nappies, and some cute small sized ones - got three Ittis (2 SIOs and 1 AIO), a diddy diaper, a ME sandies, some fuzzi bunz, some bamboo little lambs and some fluffles.
I can update you once he's been in the different ones awhile (hopefully!) if you like? Although every baby is different so I guess what works for some won't for others. Good luck, though! :hugs:

i started with totsbots organic cotton and bamboozles with wraps

they worked great and coped well with the bm explosive poos lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"