Advice - cycle approx 32 days: best days to BD

grover

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Got some questions:

My cycle varies from 32-36 ish days. i am fairly sure i have a short liteal phase - about 10 days.

For people with a 32 day cycle, i am assuming OV is around CD18-20. So, what days do you start BD? i normally start around day 9, but am exhausted by the time i actually get around to ovulation :laugh2:

What days do ladies out their BD, to maximise their chances?

hi, i have approximately a 32 day cycle and here are the stages i've gone through:

am currently on CD20
started observing ewcm and BD every other day from CD13
CD17 i got what appeared to be positive opk result so ovulated anywhere between then and 36 hours later (so up to CD 20)

hope this helps with you, though if your 2ww is short (10 days as you say above) you would ovulate say between CD19 and CD22.

do you use opk's or charting? are you sure your end part of your cycle is short?
x

Anyway, I think if your cycle is 32-36 and your luteal phase is 10 days, then you are ovulating at CD22-26. Meaning you might want to concentrate BDing from CD15-19ish to a day or so after ov.

If your luteal phase was more standard (at 14 days) then youd ov between CD18-22 and BDing would have to start earlier. Are you sure about the short luteal phase? (as i am a bit confused how you know your luteal phase without knowing when you ov??!!)

Or alternatively, some couples just BD every other day throughout the cycle. Then you don't have to worry about when ov is!!

Good luck!

sorry best make it clear, my post above was based on if your cycle is 32 days!
x

I did measure my temps etc on FF and i think thats how i found out about the luteal phase. I stopped temp. charting a few months ago, as it was getting too stressful.

Also i have been undergoing IUI treatment, which basically forces you to OV on Day 13. I've had 2 cycles of IUI and for both of those, i got my period on CD 26. This is why i think my end phase is quite short.

ah, well in that case try your best to BD every other day throughout month to be sure, but if that's not viable concentrate on days 18-27 and do it every or every other day then.

you could check for CM instead of temperature charting as that's pretty easy

yeah, that's what i have been doing - checking CM. I just went through my 2nd cycle of IUI and was convinced i was pregnant. Had stomach cramps, twinges, headaches, really sore bbs. Then woke up this morning and the sore bbs were gone. Just went for my acupuncture treatment and started spotting. So, i reckon AF is on the way in about 2 days - that's what normally happens :-(

I had a little cry earlier on. But just got to get on with it i suppose. Its not the end of the world..

It might not be the end of the world...but it certainly feels like it sometimes!! Sorry to hear about the spotting. Its so hard each cycle to get the old AF...

I gave up temping for a bit too, as found it all a bit consuming!! But then hated not knowing either! So catch 22 and ended up temping again...

Big hugs and hope things work out.

PS did you know about the long term TTC forum? They might know more about IUI etc for you (if you want to know anything else that is!!)?

big hug hun... it's so hard to find something like TTC takes time cos although blokes are sensitive about whether they're swimmers work or not, we're just as sensitive about our eggs and womb!!! we feel crap, a failure and start questioning what we're doing wrong when chances are we probably aren't doing anything wrong and its just unfortunate rotten bad luck

stay strong, use your partner for support and definately don't forget about support from us BnB girlies :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"