Advice For Baby's First Holiday

imperial16

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to take my baby daughter on her first holiday this year and panicking about everything. I have found a really good blog on Holiday Hypermarket TOP 11 TIPS TAKING YOUR BABY ABROAD but wondered if anyone else had any other tips.

Thank you
Michelle

How old will she be and where are you looking at going?
Xx

Ooh can you post a link to the blog? I'm flying to Palma with little one who will be 20 months in 10 days and im nervous! I plan on taking lots of things to do for the flight.

Things like a microwave sterliser bags look good etc

For the flight I'd take a few new toys and a selection of snacks. For take off and landing try and get LO to suck something- breastfeeding is great if you're feeding her, if not try and time it so she is due a bottle, a dummy would work if she has one too. Take her for a walk around the plane and stop to talk to anyway who looks friendly! Oh and a carrier is really useful, both for when you don't have your pushchair (often pick them up at baggage carousel and that can be a long walk carrying LO and bags!) and I also use mine on the plane if she's sleeping- otherwise I get a dead arm holding her while she naps.

When you're on holiday make sure you have plenty of sun protection stuff- cream, hats, sun suit, parasol. Keep her in the shade where possible and offer water regularly. She may want more fluids and less food in the heat, and she may nap more.

If she has formula I'd take plenty with you unless you know you can get it out there. You can normally get nappies easily enough but they may be a bit more expensive.

Can't think of much else at the mo. We went to Australia when DD1 was 6 months and Morocco when she was 12 months. It's not that scary! Have fun :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->