Advice for mummy's with bleeding!

RMOR12

Reaction score
Just wanted to share this with you as when I was panicking and googling all I found was negative stories so just want to remind you that there is sometimes positive out comes and to not always think the worst!

Iv had cramping and bleeding on and off for 2 weeks now, have had blood tests and examinations and I feared the worst as from what the Internet says blood accompanied with cramping is always bad. Well turned out the cramping is from my UTI which I still need treating for and the blood is from my low lying placenta! Il need a cesarean if it doesn't move but there's plenty of time for it to move! I had a scan today and saw baby happy and healthy measuring 9weeks plus 1 (I'm actually 8 weeks plus 4 but he/she is measuring big) so just wanted to say dont panic mummy's! Unless your passing thick blood clots it's not always a sign that it's the worst. Always push to get tested for infections and push for an early scan. Iv still got very very slight bleeding but my mind is at rest as I know where it's from. :) here's my little pudding xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 3
At 6 weeks I had a bleed. I just knew it was the end and I panicked. We went to the ER and everything was fine, they saw the fetal pole, yolk sack, and a heartbeat. We had a scan again on Friday and everything still looks good. Bleeding can happen in early pregnancy and it doesn't always have to mean bad things. The thing that scares me the most is the 2 miscarriages I have had were so different. The first was horrible, heavy bleeding, awful cramps, etc. The second was basically just like a period that lasted for 2 and a half weeks.
I'm glad everything is ok for you :)

I was in a&e this weekend as I had a lot of red blood, they scanned me and couldn't find a reason. Baby was fine and wriggling away with a strong heartbeat. I had 3 more bleeds that evening where I could feel a flow for a few seconds and some small clots the second time so back to the hospital to see the same result.

For the amount of red blood I passed I don't understand how the baby is ok but I'm so thankful. Both times I just thought it was over and if he hadn't shown me the baby on the screen I wouldn't have believed it. I was told sometimes it happens and you never know why.

Basically there's always hope but get checked out for peace of mind.

Thanks to the op for this thread.

Hoping I'm another one of the lucky ones. I'm about 8 weeks today. Saw my doc today as been having light bleeding for 6 days now, aswell as slight stomach cramps and lower back pain. My doc has taken a load of blood tests and due to go back in 3 weeks, been told to rest and take it easy and no heavy lifting. A bit hard with a toddler in the house :) My doc won't send me for a scan yet as he feels it wouldn't be worth it for me as yet. Our closest hospital is 2 and half hours away. Been told to come back if bleeding gets worse though, and then I guess he'll consider sending me for a scan. Doc also wanted to sign me off work, but can't as we run our own business.
Going to be a very long 3 weeks :-( Crossing everything
Had such a difficult pregnancy with the first one, I was really hoping this one would be problem free

I'm sorry you aren't getting more support from your dr. at 8 weeks you can see a lot via transvaginal ultrasound. I wish the hospital was closer so you could get something done. Doesn't seem fair that you are having to just play the guessing game.

Thank you for opening this thread! I have been spotting on and off since 6 weeks. Last night I had a gush of red blood while I went for a wee. I raced straight to A&E and the baby is doing great. They think it is coming from my cervix, possibly a burst blood vessel. Scary but it seems to not be the awful news I thought it was :)

My doctor said these things can happen until 12 weeks and i'm 11+1 (measuring 11+6) today so here's hoping we are nearly done with the drama!

Hoping I'm another one of the lucky ones. I'm about 8 weeks today. Saw my doc today as been having light bleeding for 6 days now, aswell as slight stomach cramps and lower back pain. My doc has taken a load of blood tests and due to go back in 3 weeks, been told to rest and take it easy and no heavy lifting. A bit hard with a toddler in the house :) My doc won't send me for a scan yet as he feels it wouldn't be worth it for me as yet. Our closest hospital is 2 and half hours away. Been told to come back if bleeding gets worse though, and then I guess he'll consider sending me for a scan. Doc also wanted to sign me off work, but can't as we run our own business.
Going to be a very long 3 weeks :-( Crossing everything
Had such a difficult pregnancy with the first one, I was really hoping this one would be problem free

I had my first scan at 6 weeks 4 days so you should definitely be offered a scan if your 8 weeks you can see alot! I say keep pushing for a scan they can't say no if you have blood and cramping. I'm sure everything's fine but you deserve the peace of mind x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->