Advice for the confused...

KJ2013

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope that gaining some other perspectives on my dilemma will help me to make a decision.

Basically, I'm married, financially stable (fairly) and ready to make a baby. In fact I've been ready to make a baby (or 3) for years. My partner is ready too, however we're struggling to comit to being 'trying' to conceive.

About 7 months ago I scored a dream job in management, it's a role with great potential and I know I can go far and do great things in my new role. My husband also landed a new job with lots of potential recently.

I know my work would be flexible if I became pregnant, they'd get an assistant in and I'd manage them from a distance whilst on leave. My job would definitely be there when I got back too. I guess I'm just nervous that having a baby will squander my earning potential...

Also, we're currently able to save a fair bit of money each month towards a deposit on our first house, so I know that the dream of buying a home would be set back (a long way) because that money would become day care / baby money.

However I'm longing for a child, it's like a magnetic force inside of me! I know it's terrible, but I get sickly jealous of friends and acquaintances when they announce pregnancies. My body and mind are so ready I could cry!!

I think I've always strived to succeed in my career, but I know deep down that once I've had one child I'll want another and another and I'll not grow any more in my working life. I see myself with several children and I think I'm scared to admit that to 'career me'. I don't want to let anyone down, (my dad, my boss).

Additionally I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and some issues with the regularity of my periods. I'm 24 now, I'm nervous that if I wait I'll be risking some of my most fertile years.

Ooo it feels better to put that in black and white!

What do you think??

K x

Hi :)
Reading that I felt I could definitely relate to the magnetic force inside you part! I was similar, I got the career I wanted, never had much interest in kids then boom! Mother nature got me and I started longing for a baby! I went through all the logical stuff, the logical career part of me gave the mum to be inside me lots of good valid reasons not to have a baby yet but the mum to be in me gave the strongest argument for 'trying' ...because I want to!

It sounds as if you've thought about all the options carefully, you're not rushing into anything so I think if you and your partner are ready then why not try for a little one?
Thank you for your story :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"