Advice for tonight please please help me!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by iwanababybump, Nov 15, 2011.

1. iwanababybump

iwanababybump Mum to Jamie- due inApril

My LO was sleeping through from 6pm till 430am but over the last few weeks has stopped he now wakes at midnight and around 3.30am every morning I really don't mind getting up with but the issue is At the 3.30am waking I offer him milk but I've realised he doesn't actually want it hetakes about 2 oz and most of that is spat out,

What do I do he obviously just needs comfort so is it a case of giving him a cuddle and putting him back down what would u ladies do??

2. Fabby

Fabby mummy to my amazing boy x

How old is he?

3. iwanababybump

iwanababybump Mum to Jamie- due inApril

15 weeks like I say I don't mind him waking for comfort just not sure how to go about it without waking him fully

4. DaniMoose

DaniMoose Well-Known Member

Possible early 4 month sleep regression, i think we might just have eased off ours!

...try giving it 5 mins of settling him without a feed, first in his cot and then by picking him up, then a bottle if he is still miserable after that.

Usually works for us at night :)

5. punk_pig

punk_pig Guest

If my LO isn't properly awake but going to get there if I don't intervene I put my hands (one on chest one on hips) on her and kinda rock/roll her back and forth while shhhhing. It usually works as long as there's nothing wrong (e.g teething, temperature, hunger).

6. Itsychik

Itsychik Well-Known Member

We just finished (I hope!) the 4 month sleep regression and my LO has been sleeping through again for the past 5 nights. yay!

For us, we tried feeding DS but if he didn't want to be fed, we played music in his room (this almost always helps calm him) and he would fall back asleep. Also tried patting his back and singing to him ad this sometimes helped.

Good luck!