Advice needed about when to announce at work

AnonymousCAT

1DS and Expecting#2
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm 11+5 today. I've had a few early scans because I had a blighted ovum in jan diagnosed at 9+4, then with this pregnancy I had spotting at the beginning for 11 days that was implantation bleeding. At the first scan the there was an error on the report (pretty sure) that showed the heart rate at 65 bpm. We heard the heart rate at this scan and it was much faster, think it was actually 165. At the next scan all looked great at 9+4 and heart rate was 172.

Anyways, my next appointment is in 2 weeks. I will be 13.5 weeks at this appointment and should be able to hear the heart beat. I was planning on waiting until hearing the heartbeat at this appt before announcing. This is my first viable pregnancy but I'm already getting thicker around the middle. No bump yet, but getting more noticeable. Now I'm worried I may Be showing by at appointment and ppl at work might suspect. Is it okay to wait until after this appointment to tell work, or should I tell them now? My supervisor knows about my mc so I could just tell her and tell her to keep it quiet until after my appt. what do you think? I just don't want any one to know until I know I've safely made it to the second trimester.

I think just do whatever feels right to you. You're under no obligation to tell them until you feel comfortable doing so. I think it's perfectly reasonable to tell them after your next scan.

I had to tell mine at 11 weeks (last Friday) as I've got a bump already (usually have a flat stomach so was really obvious) and my morning sickness came back and was having to run in and out of the toilets!

I think do what feels best for you. I told work asap because of morning sickness but if you would rather wait until your next scan it's okay to. :)

Since my boss also knows about my previous losses, I just want to tell her. If anything God forbid happens, I'll be telling her anyways.
I'll feel better if she knows, just for support.
I don't know why I still haven't told her though, I think I just can't get her alone!

I understand about waiting until the next scan to tell people though. On one hand I don't mind people knowing, but on the other hand, there must be a reason I'm not telling more people right now, I just don't know why. Lot's of what ifs.

As previous posters have said, wait till it feels right. I have already told my team leader at 4 weeks due to the hazards associated with my job, i will wait a few more weeks to tell my boss. My sister didn't tell her place of work till she was 25 weeks!! And she's tiny but thankfully had a baggy uniform! X

Thank you for the advice. I won't be having another scan until the anatomy scan. At the appointment though we should be able to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler and that will be good enough for me. I think I'll just wait it out a bit more until I know for sure everything is still alright in there.

PAL is so hard. I'm still so cautious about being excited even though everything points to being okay. It was so much easier when I was naive lol.

I'm starting a new job next Monday and only found out I'm pregnant yesterday. Not sure when to tell my new managers... Its a retail job though as well, not too sure if its smart to go through with it... Being on my feet all day. I love retail though, love the company I'm working for and the department I'm in.

But to the OP, tell your employers when you feel its right. Thats what I think I'm going to do but I'm a bit nervous cos its a new job, dunno how theyll react x

I agree, just tell them when you feel comfortable telling them. Let them speculate until then.

I had to tell my boss early, pretty much as soon as I found out (at 7 weeks), only because I was already feeling sick (and ms has been bad), but also because I work in a furniture company, so I was used to moving items and picking things up that are pretty heavy. Well since I'm pregnant, I can't really be doing that. He even told me that he doesn't want me doing that as he doesn't want me to risk my pregnancy in that way.

Go with what feels right. I'm for sure not telling my work before the second trimester, 10.5 weeks now, but I'm not even sure I want to say anything until I'm further along. They can suspect all they want, but you have no obligations to tell them until you are further along and will need to miss more work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->