Advice needed - Bed wetting every night at 5 years old

nicola123

Reaction score
My DD is going to be 5 in December and we have never had a dry night.

She wears a pull up to bed and every morning it's soaked!

For the past 4 nights I didn't put a pull up on and she wet the bed several times during the night.

So my question is do you think I should take her to the drs or will she become dry on her own eventually?

What age did you child become dry without intervention?

I also have a DS who has been dry at night since we started toilet training at 2.5 years. It is such a difference.

My Ds1 (almost 6) still wears pull ups at night and Barr one of two nights he wakes up soaked. His younger brother has been dry well before he was 3. The school nurse said they won't refer him til he's at least 7. I know two of my cousins kids same age are still in pull ups

I wouldn't worry about it just yet. My eldest was in pull ups until she was 7. You can't teach night time dryness as its a subconscious act so I would try to leave the doctors involvement for as long as possible as it could add extra pressure to your lo.

I left all of mine in pull ups until they had a full week dry then just took them off. Eldest was 7, Middle was 5 and youngest was 2.5 - all in their own time

Thanks Suzib76 - so did your 7 year old become dry in her own time and without medical intervention?

I know I should worry because she is only just 5 but I can't help it....I know they are all different but it's so hard to see when my 3 year old doesn't wear a pull and my 5 year old cried when she found this out :(

Thanks Jensonsmummy reassuring that it is not considered a problem till they are 7.

My DD is 5 in February and we stopped the pull ups at night time 3 months ago now during the summer holidays. She too was waking every morning with a soaking pull up even tho she went to the toilet before bed. The first week we stopped them her bed was soaking every morning but then the 2nd week we only had 2 wet beds and she's been dry since, apart from maybe the odd 1 wet bed out of 7. We don't wake her for the toilet during the night or before we go to bed either.

Our youngest DD is 3 next week and has never had a wet bed since we started potty training at 2.5. I think my oldest had got used to having the pull ups there. x

My DD is 5 in February and we stopped the pull ups at night time 3 months ago now during the summer holidays. She too was waking every morning with a soaking pull up even tho she went to the toilet before bed. The first week we stopped them her bed was soaking every morning but then the 2nd week we only had 2 wet beds and she's been dry since, apart from maybe the odd 1 wet bed out of 7. We don't wake her for the toilet during the night or before we go to bed either.

Our youngest DD is 3 next week and has never had a wet bed since we started potty training at 2.5. I think my oldest had got used to having the pull ups there. x

This was the same for us. My son (4) was always wet when wearing pull ups, he told us he didn't want to wear them anymore so we said ok we'll have a go without them. For a while we 'lifted' him to the toilet just before we went to bed, we still had wet accidents around half the nights, then slowly he got better. Now he goes all night and we don't need to lift him.

Thanks Suzib76 - so did your 7 year old become dry in her own time and without medical intervention?

I know I should worry because she is only just 5 but I can't help it....I know they are all different but it's so hard to see when my 3 year old doesn't wear a pull and my 5 year old cried when she found this out :(

Thanks Jensonsmummy reassuring that it is not considered a problem till they are 7.

Completely on her own, not long after she turned 7 otherwise. Would have probably given her until 7 and a half before seeing the doctor.

Snap. My eldest has been dry during the day for three years, but has had a only a handful of dry nights in all that time. I'm not worried, I have lots of friends with children of that age who are still in pull-ups for bedtime x

My daughter is the same. The doc has said it's common at this age and generally sorts itself.

My son is nearly 5 1/2 and still has same issue. We just continue to use a pull up with him overnight, as the dr said they won't test for anything until age 7-8 if it doesn't resolve itself by then.

I just bought a bottle of Cypress essential oil and fractionated coconut oil, because I saw on Pinterest a link about it helping strengthen the bladder if you rub 5 drops of each onto the stomach/bladder area of the stomach right before bed. We've only used it once so far, so not long enough to know if it helps yet. I'll update if I notice any difference after using it for a while.

My DD is 5 and she's wet at night. She was dry for about 4 months from april-September then all of a sudden was wet every single night. She's back in nappies at night for now till it hopefully resolves itself.

The doctor will not address this until she is 7. Don't worry, she will get there in her own time. Just let nature take it's course. And put your DD back in pullups until she is dry.
My DD is almost 6 and has only just stopped wearing pullups.

Alex is 7 in June and still wears pull ups

My son turned 6, 2 weeks ago and is still in pull ups. His little brother is nearly 4 amd the same. They are both desperate not to wear them with the 3 year old waking increasingly to take his off in the night. problem is, they are both soaked in the morning. I. feel.awful as the 6.year old said on his birthday that he wants no more pull ups next birthday so he can have a sleepover :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->