Advice needed on puddings after meals etc..

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Connah is doing great with the weaning and will eat anything i put infront of him.

We are traditional weaning and he has lumpy food now and i have started to give a pudding/yoghurt after his dinner.
The only problem is he doesnt seem to like any flavour yoghurt,any of the pudding in jars and we have tried nearly all of them or any fruit purees i make myself!:dohh:

I have given him some melon to eat after lunch a few times(i intend on giving a piece of fruit after lunch or as a snack when he is able to eat finger foods properly) but he is still not great at eating finger foods just yet so im pretty stuck for ideas.

Also i know you dont really have to give a pudding but i have decided that i want to just to top off his dinner iykwim?

The 1 thing he does kind of like is rice pudding...but i cant give him that all the time...

Any ideas of what else i can offer would be great:thumbup:

If he doesn't like the puddings much, I wouldn't bother encouraging him to personally. To be honest, if I were you I would be very pleased that he isn't bothered about sweet foods, and is eating savoury well! :)

Yeah, i know what you mean,I am pretty chuffed as he wont be into as much sweet stuff like i was as a child :D

Im just a little worried he wont be getting enough tbh.

Going to stick with the fruit though and work on that :thumbup:

Yeah, i know what you mean,I am pretty chuffed as he wont be into as much sweet stuff like i was as a child :D

Im just a little worried he wont be getting enough tbh.

Going to stick with the fruit though and work on that :thumbup:

Savoury food is more filling, puddings tend to be full of empty calories anyway.
When he is able to eat finger foods, you could give fruit and he may well like it like that! My tip is tinned pear in juice, very cheap and fuss free so you don't feel so annoyed when it gets chucked on the floor!

i give Christina mashed banana or blended apple/ pear with milk for her pudding, or i make the pudding myself- blended rice with raisins/ banana/ fruit -
- but i dont give it to her after her lunch or dinner, i give it to her as her teatime snack after her afternoon nap & as she is hungry then, she always gulps it down. Sometimes i also give her the organix rice puddings range. & i do the same with Faith, chopped/ blended fruit & sometimes rachel's organic yoghurt, or just a homemade fruit/rice/milk pudding - they love it !

Maybe you could try some fruit chunks for him to pick up? Izzy has papaya and pineapple, which she likes - I have tried her with grapes but although she likes to pick them up and poke them in she isn't so keen once she tastes them lol
I get these pots in packs of 4 from the supermarket, there are different flavours to choose from and keep ok in the fridge for 2 days after opening.

Thanks,ill try that too.:D

I think its just a case of persevering (sp?) with finger foods atm so that he is able to have the chunks of fruit. It will be so much easier and ofc healthier!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->