Advice Needed! (Pain and Fluid Loss)

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Had a very lazy morning, and got up around noon with OH. I showered and dressed and then when I stood up, I felt some fluid trickle down my leg into my knickers. I went to the toilet, and they were wet through, (about a 4in patch) but hadn't gone through to my trousers. I changed and then felt like I was having contractions. I've had a lot of stomach pain in this pregnancy, so didn't think anything of the pain and decided to go for a walk with OH to see if it helped. I was getting increased pain and a tightened bump every 8 minutes or so, then it would die away to almost nothing. (This went on for about an hour) haven't had a trickle of fluid since, but I have felt increased dampness.

Now it seems to alternate between constant sharp pain, low on my bump/pelvis area and sometimes a sharp pain that dies away to nothing I'm also sometimes getting achy pain in my legs with it.

If it doesn't die down in the next hour I'm going to ring my MW, but the problem is that I am 300 miles away visiting relatives in Scotland atm!

Has anyone had this before? Especially the leaking fluid. Could it just be a large amount of discharge?

Hmmm.. I think I was roughly about your time when I made an appointment with the midwife thinking I was leaking fluid.... she investigated and found out it was just discharge / pee as baby was putting so much pressure down there, she said it was competely normal....Get it checked out if you're at all concerned. Not sure about the pains hun.

This might be a bit personal but when you showered how do you wash your 'bits'? I like to wash very thouroughly down there and some mornings I must get some water up there, coz it comes down when I'm getting dressed. :shy:

I also get watery discharge to the point that I have to change my knickers occasionally. You could put a liner on and if its soaked after an hour then you need to ring you MW. You might be having some strong BH's but I'd ring to be on the safe side hun. Let us know how you get on.

x

hi i am around the same as you im due on the 14th dec. I have noticed in this pregnancy that i have felt like i am leaking a lot and have to wear panty liners every day but i think it is just a weak bladder as the baby is laying on our bladder and sometimes when i have had a weee and finished and wiped myself when i stand up some more comes out (sorry if tmi):dohh:.
so please try not to worry. I would give the midwife a ring just to reasure you about the pain (you arent constipated are you) as i was with my first and i didnt realise i had not been for a while and got really bad pains on and off and thought i was in labour but i really needed a big pooo!!!!!!:blush: :loo:
hope you feel better soon :hug:

Thanks girls, that makes me feel much better. I have had increased discharge as most pregnant women do but it felt different. Sort of like I was weeing myself, but not if that makes sense. Like I felt like I'd weed myself, because of how much there was but didn't have the sensation of weeing.

I haven't had the need to wear panty liners before, so maybe it's just a symptom of coming into third tri and the baby being bigger now?

I've not got any constipation but I have been to the toilet twice now as it's making me feel like I need to pass more.

As for the pain, I've had a fair bit of period like cramps through the whole pregnancy so I didn't want to worry as so far it's been fine. It does feel different, but again baby is bigger now.

It may just be an increase of discharge. Ive had times where theres been a big wet patch as you said...
But like others have said put on a liner and if it soaks through speak to your midwife. Hope you get it sorted.
xx

If you're still feeling worried i'd phone your MW just to make sure :hugs: its prob what the others have said though :)

MW wasn't answering, so go transferred to Labour Ward who wanted me to come in, but I'm 300 miles away so have rung the local hospital who are just getting me to keep an eye on it and ring every hour. Have a panty liner on now, so we'll see how it goes.

How are you feeling? I think I would ring my MW if I were you just to get checked out.

Tbh hun I'd just go in because if you happen to be in early labour at this stage things can be done to stop it. When my waters went with my son at just before 28 weeks yes there was a big gush but waters can leak for ages without you knowing. My contractions started within the hour and they were able to keep him in for a further 5 more days.

It may be nothing hun and I'm praying its not but for peace of mind (mine included) go get checked and have bump monitored because what you are describing sounds vaguely familiar to what happened to me:hugs:

go now, even A & E

How are you feeling? I think I would ring my MW if I were you just to get checked out.

Feeling hot and clammy and nauseous. Trying to time it, and I seem to be getting contractions every 10minutes and for about 30secs then they die off to pelvic pressure.

I've only had a pad in for 10mins so I'm going to give it a bit longer before going in.

I've been feeling this way since about 12, but it's gotten worse in the last 1.5 hours or so.

I agree with Mamafy, I think you should go into hospital.

I'd be taking you in to hospital if I was there with you - it's better for this to be checked out and discovered to be nothing at all, than not checked out when it could be something...

I've had lots of discharge too recently, which makes me wonder what it is because my knickers have gotten wet. But it's more that you have had contractions too. My doc told me to call at once if there was any increase in the intensity of the contractions, if there was more than 4 in an hour or if there was any feeling of heaviness in the pelvis...

I hope you are alright hun. Thinking of you x

rafwife, I was a bit worried reading your last post - please go get checked out :D xxx

How you doing??

Personally I think you should get checked out at the hospital. x

Yes, I agree with others. You should go to the hospital. x

:hugs:

I hope we hear something soon and that it is nothing serious. Feeling a bit worried...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->